Roland Cube 30 review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Cube 30 review

I just got one. 30watts into 1 10" speaker. It is a modeling amp. The clean channel is a JC120. It sounds exactly like a real JC120 mainly because it is a Roland. The lead channel has around 10 choices. Everything from an acoustic to a mesa. They all sound great. It has a seperate reverb and delay control and also has chorus, phase, flanger and tremelo. The channels are footswitchable and so are the effects on and off. Very well made and it sounds fantastic. For personal practice or recording it is a great choice. Just don't expect to jam with a band with a 30watt SS amp with 1 x 10" speaker. You also can't lower the volume low enough to play at whisper level on the lead channel but I never play at that extreme low level anyway. Here is the strongest point of this amp. It absolutely positively NAILS PERFECTLY the Warren Demartini tone in Lay it Down on its recto setting with some delay and reverb mixed in. It is 100% accurate to every nuance of that specific tone. This is the first amp I have ever had that could get that specific tone straight out of the box. That feature along with the fact that it has a JC120 for the clean channel is enough for me to highly recommend this amp.

Re: Roland Cube 30 review

Roland definitely has a winner with that one and the cube 15. Fabulous little practice amp.

JG, I think I have Brian sold on that trade with the PA. He should be emailing you later today.

Comment

Working...
    X