Hughes and Kettner Warp 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes and Kettner Warp 7

well,i FINALLY got my new Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half-stack amp today!
    i found it hidden on Ebay with no bids and won the bid obviously.
    my complaint is that even though i won it...i won it on Feb. 28th!!!....we ended up calling this guy in Texas to find out what was taking so long....it took this guy forever to ship it! [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
    he says he had an emergency that took him to Nevada....well,fine...but he could have sent an email or called to let us know.
    so anyway...i get it today via UPS [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] ...(they treat their packages like shit)
    i get it inside and get it all unpacked....
    THERE ARE NO FRIGGIN' POWER CORDS!!!! [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    this is supposed to be a new in the box never been used amp! in fact,in the pic on Ebay,the cabinet was still in a nice new box.just the head was displayed out of box.
    well,it's new alright. it's making for a great interest for my cats curiosity and that's ALL it's doing.
    nothing like being so damn excited about something you've NEVER had only to be let down like someone pushing a car off a cliff. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Rory

Re: Hughes and Kettner Warp 7

Does it just take a standard AC cable, like a PC takes? If so, you can get one of those at Radio Shack (or probably Wal-Mart, for that matter) if you don't have one lying around.

Comment

Many second hand stores have them too.

Comment

I would cut just about any power cord I could find to fire it up. Don't let it just sit there. Do something. And congratulations on your new 'baby'.

Comment

tell us how it plays , is it really so NU or just normal hi gain ?

Comment

i know i could use any other amp AC cord....it was the principle of the matter....ya know?
            anyway,i just went and bought a new AC cord and a shorty cord for the cabinet...i also picked up a nice oxygen free studio cable....SWEEEET...no static,no hum,no nothin'.
            ok,this amp sounds pretty damn good....for solid state.I personally like tube,but for the money i can't complain.
            the clean channel is C L E A N...almost all the way to 10.It doesn't distort itself at all.
            the dirty channel is VERY dirty...the GAIN is great...very distinctive...of course i think the Celestian Rock Driver jr.'s help.
            I'll let you know more as soon as i get to actually play through it without my landlord being home. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
            Rory

Comment

i'm interested to hear your sound report...
              i really liked the warp drive distortion pedal, and if the warp 7 stack sounds anything like that, it should be killer!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X