opening pandoras box!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opening pandoras box!!!

Might be a long shot this one, but I have a 475 dlx exotic peavey rage 158 amp and a pandoras box (px1). Does anybody have any links or advice for some pretty awesome sounds? I am trying to recreate a slash style sound / paul kossoff but despite hours of fiddling I am still way way off the mark.

I do understand the only manipulation is playing around with the factory pre sets can any body help with achieving 'signature sounds' or am I trying to achieve the unachievable??? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: opening pandoras box!!!

I've never played with the Pandoras Box, but off the top of my head I'd say the 158 is whats killing you.
    I've had a couple of those over the years and while they are better than playing unplugged, they aren't exactly tone crafting machines.

Comment

What Chuck said goes for me too..
      Hey Chuck... is it a full moon???? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeppers! I'll vanish again soon...

Comment

For Slash and Paul Kossof's sounds, you need a Les Paul and a Marshall. Granting that's not feasible, a single-coil-size humbucker in the neck position would help
          if the 475 is your only axe. Again, the Rage ain't gonna get it. Even an old Bandit would be a lot better.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

An acoustic electric with a piezo...thats what you need... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, the charvel is the only axe I own. The Peavey rage amp is not up to scratch What Amp would you guys recommend without having to spend a fortune and re-mortgatge the mansion? Or would it be cheaper to keep the amp ( dont like chucking things out ) and possibly investing in another effects unit. The pod looks interesting but i know very little about it. any ideas??? [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

The rage is only really good for playing by yourself, You can get some of the good modeling amps for about $300, or you can get a 5150 combo for about $400-$500
                I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Working...
                X