Cabinet for POD to act as a head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet for POD to act as a head?

Ok, I'm getting old along with senile - who knows the name/model/number whatever of thet Line 6 cabinet where you use the POD as the head and it sits in a little square hole on top of the cabinet?
    I can't find anything at Line 6 except extension cabs and full stacks.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Cabinet for POD to act as a head?

You are thinking of Atomic amps. As far as I know they are still not available yet.

http://www.atomicamps.com
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Hmmm - are they the only one? I need to dig out the last Buyer's Guide - I coulda swore Line6 had one [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      Maybe the release of the Atomic has been delayed while Line6 negotiates a buyout?

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc - ya ran your pod into your Twister Poweramp? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

One thing that bugs me about all the L6 combos I've tried is that the open back cabs really seem to suck for overdrive/high gain playing. Try your pod into the twister and then into a sealed 2x12 or 4x12.... I bet you'll be surprised. I used a Pod XT and a Vetta when I was tweaking that poweramp of yours and thought it sounded good.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          Hmmm - are they the only one? I need to dig out the last Buyer's Guide - I coulda swore Line6 had one [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Maybe the release of the Atomic has been delayed while Line6 negotiates a buyout?

Newc
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds logical - why have someone else selling a product made for your product? Also, if Atomic Amps beat 'em to the punch, line6 may not have been able to bring out their version if they had one. How many ways could they do it without violating the Atomic Amps trademark or patent?

Of course, I don't think Scholz went after Rockmount, did he? Used to have one of those; they were alright back in that day.

Of course you could just buy one of those Fender Satellites and Velcro the POD on top! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] BUild a little box up there for it if you're worried about protecting it. Personally I think it'll stay cooler out in the open than down in the box.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

AMS has them.

Atomic

Notice the disclaimer:
            *Atomic Amplifiers is in no way affiliated with Line 6 or its products. The Atomic Reactor 112 is sold separately from any amp modelers
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

AMS has them.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

In Stock: No
              Estimated Available: 3/31/2004

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] OK, ok, so in 5 days they will have them. Maybe. It is AMS after all. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, they show the JS30 Series but none of them are in stock either. I tried to request notification when they would be in, and got an error message with a request to call in.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Actually, Pete, I haven't really had a chance to run it through the Twisteramp until just now [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    It does indeed rock [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    I've been using headphones with the POD so I'll have to tweak my patches to suit the amp, but so far it's sounding good [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Tech 21 makes or made something called the power engine. It's the power amp and speaker combo, BYO preamp thing.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                      X