Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Engl e580 clip (short) death metal

Originally posted by metafaza:
    Sounds killer! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You said 6am? Maybe I should get up that early?
    Have you thought about swaping 81 for 85? I used to have 81/60 combo, but I thougt it was too big of a difference between the pickups, so I put 85 in the bridge. Sounds great. You may want to try it. Great playing, man. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks man, I've tried an 85, but not in the same guitar that has a 60 in the neck. The 85 is great but I prefer the 81 just a tad bit more in the bridge. The only time I use the neck pup (60) is when im playin jazz/fusion type stuff. Thanks for the suggestion though, I may still try it just to see.
    www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Inearthed:
      Oh... Are you in Severed Savoir? If so, that's killer. Were you the guy playing at Seattle Metalfest last year or was that the other guitar player?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wasn't able to make it to seattle for that show last year, the guy you saw was our other guitarist Shon.
      www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Great playing. You definitely have your death metal chops down.
        Now for the sound. Well i am honest and the sound is ok but i think it's a little bit thin (although thin probably is a way too strong word for it). It lacks a little bit the "kick in your face" directness and brutality.
        I remember about a clip from you which you recorded to the drum track from harmony central (if i remember correctly). I think that clip had a better sound. It sounded more brutal.

It would be interesting to hear the engl through a power amp and miced.

Flo
        http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Thanks man, I shoulda spent more time tweaking the DI. Part of the difference between the old clips and this new one is the volume of the guitars was hella loud before. When I listen to them back to back, the engl sounds better, just quieter.
          www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Sweet stuff, man! You've really got your chops down. Nice and fast, the way I like it.

Comment

thanks dude!
              www.SeveredSavior.com

Comment

Working...
              X