Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which one is the best/whatsthe difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one is the best/whatsthe difference?

between the Rocktron Hush Super C and the Rocktron Hush IICX? whats the best value? I want to calm down my 5150 at high volumes. naturally, theres some feedback when i stop playing for a quick moment, and cant turn my volume knob quick enough.

Re: which one is the best/whatsthe difference?

The 2CX seems more for oriented towards feedback reduction in sound reinforcement or stereo applications that is also applicable to guitar. The Super C seems more oriented as a noise reduction system. The 2CX could be had for about 79.00 new in 1997, so it should be quite affordable now. Roope uses a Hush 2Cx.
    I have a 2CX in my rack. I find it takes a little tweaking to dial, but it has done ok for me. The trick is to not have it clamp down on the signal and kill off notes/sustain to early and to get the filter dialed in for feedback problems.
    The CX is a stereo noise gate. CX=stereo, BX=Mono. I'd go for the Super C . Super C is a newer model, seems simple and it may have the same basic functions as the 2CX. I'm not sure if it's stereo capable, but if you're using it with a Peavey XXX head, that should not be a concern in a mono application.

Super C Specs:

Maximum Input Level +15dB (+4 Ref.) / +5dB (-10dB Ref.), Input Impedance 470 ohms, Output Impedance less than 100 ohms, Effective Noise Reduction 72dB, Frequency Response ±.5dB, 10Hz - 27kHz, Dynamic Range 105dB, Noise Floor -100dBu, THD + Noise .041% @ 0dBu, 1kHz (typ), Current Consumption 385mA, Dimensions 19" x 6" x 1¾"

If I find my manual for the 2CX, I post the specs for that as well but I would not think there is to much difference. Sorry if I have not shed to much clearity on the topic. I find a noise reduction of sorts sometimes has been too limiting with some amps and I've just have taken it out of the loop. This is why I vote for the Super C as it says in its description it does not kill tone but will reduce noise when not playing. I would think that would cover excessive feedback as well. You might want to consider pot waxing your pickups if they're not already if you think that is part of the problem. Newer Duncans already come dipped from the factory.

[ March 31, 2004, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Dude ]

Comment

thanks mate!
      i mostly use duncans.

Comment

I believe that the super-c (like the old Guitar Silencer) stays analog which alters tone less and adds less artifacts to the sound than the IICX which is digital.

The Super -C are korean made now. Not sure about the IICXs. If they are still being made, they're made in Korea. Korea is lesser quality than the older USA units.

Comment

the super C's a good unit. I've got one in my setup. It runs stereo if you need to & if you set it up right, it works a treat and doesn't mess with your sound. quality seems ok too, no problems. i've only had it for about 6 months right enough, but build quality is ok. don't know much about the IICX, but i'm sure it's just an older version of the triple C, so i'd go for the triple C.

Comment

Look into the ISP Decimator

Comment

does anyone have an info on the ICX? i found one on ebay, it looks exactly the same as the IICX, same buttons, knobs and all. but i cant find any info on the net about it.

should i get it? its only 50 bucks.

Comment

Working...
              X