Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have the best of both worlds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have the best of both worlds?

Is it concievable to put together a rack unit that allowed you plug in headphones, similar to a POD XT. While at the same time, capable of driving a 4x12 cab?

If so, what sort of Preamp / power amp combination would allow you to do such a thing?

Re: Is it possible to have the best of both worlds?

Well you can buy a pod xt pro (or whatever the 19" version of the Pod xt is called) together with a nice power amp (solid state or tube, doesn't matter).
    Then you can plug in your headphones into the pod xt preamp for practice at home and connecting the pod xt to the power amp gives you the power to drive a big 4x12.
    The other thing you could do is buying a 19" rack preamp which you like which hasn't headphone outs and running it into something like this:

This would give you your headphone amp output. It's a little overkill since it's for 4 headphones but i believe you can't buy any smaller headphone amps. At least i don't know of any.
    For band practice, gig whatever just plug the power amp into the line out of the preamp and you are ready to go. If the preamp is stereo you can hook up both power amp and headphone amp on the same time.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Hrm, so the POD XT PRO or whatever it is called works in the same fasion as the normal Pod Xt. Cool.

Thank you.

Comment

I believe the Behringer V-Amp Pro also has a headphone jack on it.

Stu

Comment

Working...
        X