Cakewalk Guitar Tracks troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cakewalk Guitar Tracks troubles

Is there any way to keep the tracks from "bleeding" over into the others? For example: I lay down my drums, and then play my rhythm parts. The drums have "bled" over into my rhythm track. What’s even worse, I solo over my rhythm tracks and both the drums and my rhythm have "bled" over to my solo track. So forth and so on. After about 3 times of this the drums sound all "echoey" and the whole thing sounds like crap. Any suggestions?

Re: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks troubles

Go to your sound card settings (should have sliders for mic, line input, etc) and change the input from 'what you hear' to whatever you're using to record your guitars (line in or mic in)

That should fix it.

We should figure out a time to get together soon - I think I still have your disk for guitar tracks, don't I?

Pete

Comment

Re: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks troubles

Man, while an incredibly powerful tool, Guitar Tracks is a monster. IMHO, not particualrly user-friendly or intuitive at all. A long time ago, I lost interest struggling with it. (...That was probably several software releases ago, though, too. So maybe it's gotten better?)

Comment

Working...
      X