2x50w vs 100w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x50w vs 100w

i hope this is not a stupid question but is a 100w combo louder than a 2x50W one??i never played a stereo combo before and my drummer is VERY LOUD so i need all the power i can get. dont tell me to buy a stack...i have one(peavey xxl). my bandit is getting old so i need a new combo(solidstate). the 2x50w combo im thinking of is the behringer gmx212.the price is very good and the review are good so...why not??

Re: 2x50w vs 100w

if it's a 2x12" cab, the 2x50w will sound louder and cut through better than a 100w combo with a single 12" speaker, definitely.

Comment

How do you like the Peavey xxl? I'm thinking of getting one

Comment

the xxl is a great amp, right now im looking for something new but if i cant find a different combo that i like i will buy a 2x12 xxl combo.
        that tells you how much i like this amp. that thing is not as loud as a 100w tube head, but like i said my drummer is loud and i have no problem being heard in practice.
        but you should buy a noise gate,volume pedal or something like that cos if you drive it hard and use a higain setting that thing will hiss loud enough to make you switch to the clean channel.

[ April 01, 2004, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: jack w ]

Comment

Working...
        X