Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

all these new products look bloody cool and check out the prices !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: all these new products look bloody cool and check out the prices !

Bob, no problem - it won't hurt the passive speakers you leave in there. They will act like a passive spring, but will in princip change the acoustic characteristics of the cab.

Also, notice that the cab total impedance will probably change. Say you have 4 x 16 ohms in there and then disconnects two of them. Then you will end up with either 8 or 32 ohm total impedance. Choose 8 ohm configuration (in parallel). That will suit most amps well.

May i ask why you want to do it?

/Henrik
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Infernal Death:

I can understand that you defend your stuff but honestly i don't think you should assume things about me since you really don't know what i use
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Attn: Ignorant dudes in this thread: Jack W & Steve [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The above goes for me, too.
      I haven't given you my full manifesto on Chinese products so quit ASS U Ming and spouting bullshit

More later
      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">All due respect Ron, but by posting cryptic replies and referring to posting your full "manifesto" (UnaRonner) later,
      you're doing no more than saying "talk to the hand". That's a non-answer.

Factory conditions in China? Yes, deplorable, but we can't control their internal matters. Better to influence them with trade and an open line of comunications than embargo them and alienate the Chinese government. The same conditions exist in 3rd world countries' factories around the world; why single out China over Malaysia, Indonesia, or African nations for example?

That Chinese worker needs his $6 to survive more than the American worker needs his $1,000 when you figure relative costs of living into the equation. Your protest against his government could cost him his life - by starvation, a fate you and I are very unlikely to ever know.

I had a '97 Squier Affinity, made in China, and except for hardware it was just as nice as my Mexican Strat; in fact it had a nicer, 22-fret neck as opposed to 21 on the Mexi, the pickups were hotter, and the keys were the same. So it boiled down to a 3-ply pickguard and a Fender logo as the only upgrade differences. The Affinity was actually a better guitar than the Mexi-strats. Of course FMIC started cheapening the Squiers even further because people noticed that. The Chinese Strat held up for 6 years until I sold it to a friend for his kid.

I also have an Essex 7-string from China, and it's also a decent guitar for the money. Solid alder, 2 direct-mount humbuckers with a 5-way switch, and vintage trem (not used, of course.) It's no trophy, but it sounds good, stays in tune and has held up well so far for a couple of years. They're not up to the build quality of USA-made, but not everyone can afford that. Don't knock those who have to make do.

BTW, my amps are all American-made, except for my VS40 Valvestate. I have guitars made in the USA, Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China. I enjoy them all for what they are and do, and would be much more limited if I could only get USA made gear.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

"Maybe Nor can help you out; he's quite eloquent."

Thx for the compliment - but get yer own soapbox!! Mine's too damn crowded as it is...
        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Infernal Death:

I can understand that you defend your stuff but honestly i don't think you should assume things about me since you really don't know what i use
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Attn: Ignorant dudes in this thread: Jack W & Steve [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

The above goes for me, too.
          I haven't given you my full manifesto on Chinese products so quit ASS U Ming and spouting bullshit

More later
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">... oh come on Ron that was low . you've heard our stuff it's as good and as heavy as the next guy's . I guess to me where it is made isn't that big of a deal but how it sounds is ! I have never had any problems with any of my behringer stuff ever and it's always worked wonders for me .
          ... also BM why are ya so pissed off about the behringer line with as far as I can see you haven't even tryed it ? I am suprised with that mouth you have there that Kevin Easton even hired you for the tech Job at Jackson ! //Steve

Comment

Hrm... you ever think maybe I was hired because I know what I'm talking about? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Behringer products are shit. They are the Yugo of sound gear. They cost half as much as everything else because they spend a quarter of what everyone else does on production. Don't just take my word for it, go ask around at some pro audio/engineering sites and they'll tell you what's up. Behringer sucks, end of story.

Comment

I have a behringer FCB1010 footswitch - thing works great and is built well.

However, I've checked out their 4x12s, and you guys would be MUCH better off locating a used and beat up marshall cab for the same money. The marshall cab will kick ass on the behringer every time, AND last longer.

Pete

Comment

I'm with Pete on the FCB1010...both me and him bought ours around the same time and did a lot of looking into it beforehand, and found that it is similar to Roland's design as far as quality (maybe the footswitches on the Roland are metal), but the Behringer had more features than the Roland did for less cost.

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1:
                  Bob, no problem - it won't hurt the passive speakers you leave in there. They will act like a passive spring, but will in princip change the acoustic characteristics of the cab.

Also, notice that the cab total impedance will probably change. Say you have 4 x 16 ohms in there and then disconnects two of them. Then you will end up with either 8 or 32 ohm total impedance. Choose 8 ohm configuration (in parallel). That will suit most amps well.

May i ask why you want to do it?

/Henrik
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To be able to crank the amp more without breaking the windows =) less volume for smaller places basically.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                    Forgot to mention. Behringer fucking sucks.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You need to post more often, dude [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] .

Having said that, there are a few (very few) Behringer products I like. I'm gonna look into one of their cheap condenser mics. Anyone here tried one?

I haven't been too impressed with Behringers guitar amps. My teacher bought a single speaker combo. It has a bunch of amp models, sound effects, etc., and it sounds pretty good. But, it breaks easily, and he's had to get it repaired a number of times now.

I'm sticking with Line 6 and Peavey for now. I'd like a VHT or something, but I just can't afford it.

Comment

Is it really wrong to use child labor? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps:
                        I have a behringer FCB1010 footswitch - thing works great and is built well.

However, I've checked out their 4x12s, and you guys would be MUCH better off locating a used and beat up marshall cab for the same money. The marshall cab will kick ass on the behringer every time, AND last longer.

Pete
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had a marshall cab before I got my Behringer cab and I am much happier with it then the marshall . //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                          Hrm... you ever think maybe I was hired because I know what I'm talking about? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Behringer products are shit. They are the Yugo of sound gear. They cost half as much as everything else because they spend a quarter of what everyone else does on production. Don't just take my word for it, go ask around at some pro audio/engineering sites and they'll tell you what's up. Behringer sucks, end of story.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ah no I don't , Kevin simply needed to fill the spot and anyone can do set ups on imports , and since you started posting here you've totally gotten a huge head dude . and back on behringer every studio I have ever been in in the last 2 years has tons of behringer stuff . so no I don't know what your talking about ! go out into some studios around you 99% of em are gonna have behringer products . thats just the facts and they are here to stay . //Steve

Comment

If you like fixing gear as a side hobby, Behringer isn't a bad product.

I've heard a couple pro sound and studio engineers mention some Behringer boards as being good buys for people trying to get into sound engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                              If you like fixing gear as a side hobby, Behringer isn't a bad product.

I've heard a couple pro sound and studio engineers mention some Behringer boards as being good buys for people trying to get into sound engineering.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">have you ever had to do it ? or is that some bitter mackie dude telling you that ? cause I have never had any problems with anything like that over the last 2 years or what ever , I use to sell the stuff so trust me I do know what I am talking about , and I still play the stuff . anyway I was just trying to tell you all about some good savings if you were strapped for cash , the gear isn't worth anything [2000 bucks or 200] inless the music is there , and 99% of a good guitarists tone is in his or hers fingers ears and soul , if your good you can play on a pignose amp and make it sound like 1000 bucks . just trying to pass along some of the savings I've seen thats all like the price of those cabs for those that always wanted a wall of sound [4 cabs] that is possible now and it would cost ya just over the price of 1 1/2 marshall cabs , anyway [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

I say that out of the experiences from other people who like and use Behringer gear. No bitterness here [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

I'm not trying to prove you wrong that Behringer makes some good stuff, and at cheap prices to boot. I agree with you, but I also agree with BM. It's totally a preference thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X