line 6 spider II's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line 6 spider II's

I've been selling some gear to fund a new practice amp. I had a chance to A/B (well A/B/C [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) the 1x12, 2x10 and 2x12 spider II's. They all sounded nice, but in the store the 2x12 was more pleasing. It just had a better bass response to it. Now, the Flextone III was very nice as well. But I haven't sold that much stuff. Anyway, here's my question: which seems to perform better at bedroom levels? The amp will more than likely never be gigged with. I'm just looking for something that will offer the best possible sound without offending the neighbors. (I've got my 5150 for that [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Opinions please.

Re: line 6 spider II\'s

my friend had the spyder II 2x10 combo and it was loud as shit. i mean, it could really crank and keep up with my laney/4x12 cab.

anyways, yeah it seems like a cool practice amp, i would get the smallest one. 1x12 i think. cuz even the 2x10 was heavy as hell. i hate the way they sound, i would much rather have a peavey transtube combo, but its up to you whether you like the sound or not.

good value considering you get a ton of effects and sounds

Comment

Re: line 6 spider II\'s

The Spider is cool (although I almost like the old one better), but I think it's a bit limited with the models available when you compare it to the Flextone. As far as sound comparison, there is none - the Flextone takes it by a mile. Lots more effects, lots more amp models, and other fun things like adjustable noise gates and compressors. I have had both, so I'm not just talking from a "played it in the store" standpoint. The Flextone will give you the versatility to play live as well if you like - lots of folks do! If you're in a smaller venue, you could leave the 5150 at home. I don't think the Spider is quite that good yet.

I'm selling a Flextone III XL (like new - 5 months old), and I also have a Flextone I XL, but I might just keep the old one and sell the new one. If you're looking, I'm selling. PM or email me - [email protected].

Comment

Working...
      X