Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender CyberTwin opinions

Hey y'all...

I have the chance to get a CyberTwin for virtually nothing. Any opinions on this amp?

I mostly play in my (large) apartment. Is this thing gonna be way too much amp for me? Am I going to get decent sound out of it if I can't raise the volume past 1? Right now I play 65W combos and I rarely raise the clean volume past 3 and the crunchy volume past 1.

How are the FX? The amp models?

An inquiring mind wants to know...

Re: Fender CyberTwin opinions

i tried one at the local gc and i thought it sounded pretty good.
    the high gain sounds don't sound as good as the line 6 products, but they are still pretty decent.
    the clean and lower gain stuff sound excellent, what you would expect of fender.
    the motorized knobs are pretty cool but i wonder if they are durable.
    if you can get one of these at a good price, i would jump on it.

Comment

i like it a lot. wouldn't mind having one. to me the high gain sounds are fine (but i'm not a shredder!!)...if it's cheap enough get it.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

The Cyber Twin is a fine classic rock, blues, country amp. It's not your hard rock/metal amp. The effects are nice and the floorboard is a tank. My only complaint: it's too bright at high volumes and lacks depth & bass. If using the CyberTwin live, don't crank it and point it at your audience. It will pierce right through their eardrums.

Comment

Originally posted by data187:
          i tried one at the local gc and i thought it sounded pretty good.
          the high gain sounds don't sound as good as the line 6 products, but they are still pretty decent.
          the clean and lower gain stuff sound excellent, what you would expect of fender.
          the motorized knobs are pretty cool but i wonder if they are durable.
          if you can get one of these at a good price, i would jump on it.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I pretty much agree with your assessment. The modellings of the Fender classic "blues" amps are pretty good, but everything else is not that impressive. The moving knobs are kinda gizmo-ey and are sure to break down the road.

Comment

A friend of my cousin has one. I messed around with it a little last summer, and I couldn't seem to get any really high gain sounds out of it. It seemed like it was lacking... though, maybe it's because I didn't play with it long enough. It did sound pretty good to me, just didn't seem to pack enough gain.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X