No announcement yet.

What MIDI foot controllers do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What MIDI foot controllers do you use?

I'm going back and forth on a pedal vs. rack effects solution and was checking out MIDI foot controllers. The Rocktron All Access seems cool, but pricey and hard to find. The Bradshaw stuff is expensive. The Digital Music Corp Ground Control Pro (http://www.voodoolab.com/gcsystem.html) seems cool and looks like it's about $400 or less new and used.

Anyone have experience with MIDI foot controllers?s The Ground Control Pro can send over multiple MIDI channels. I can set my Framus Cobra for a channel, and if I get a G Major, that can be on another MIDI channel.

Re: What MIDI foot controllers do you use?

hey man, [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

go to E-gay and find yourself an ART X15 ultrafoot, you can find them relatively cheap( the last 2 i bought IIRC was $128 and i backdoored one for $75) you can use them with anything midi,and
    you can assign all 14 buttons and 2 expression pedals as anything you want them to do not just what they are marked as. unlike many of the other boards that claim all the buttons are assignable and you later find out that half of them are for banks and presets. as far as how many midi commands it will send, that has more to do with the rack you are using and how many commands it can handle at one time. i have had several over the years and they can take allot of abuse and i even have one in the closet for a spare. i currently use mine to control 2 digitech 2120's and it works flawlessly.
    IE: on one of my programs when i push the button for my solo delay on unit 1,, delay goes on, solo function goes on raising the vol. 6 db,the eq has a slight mid boost ,the comp. changes from 2:1 to 4:1,and engages the wah, which i control with exp. pedal 1, on unit 2,, the delay goes on the stereo chorus goes on, the comp. attack changes from 1 to 4 and the threshold goes from -12 to -5,the stereo para. EQ boosts at 2200kHz,and the solo function goes on raising the vol 3 db.....
    all with one button.
    any way they are cheap to find especially when you don't want to spend allot of money,and built like a tank ,i dig 'em [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    just my $.02
    MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

oh ya, and it can send over multiple midi channels [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

I use the Rocktron MIDIMate with a TC G-Force and Mesa Boogie MkIV. To integrate the MIDI between all three, I use Axess Electronic CFX4 channel switcher. Look into the MIDIMate, can be had for under $200 on Ebay.
        If anyone knows of a tech who can install Carling type switches into a MIDIMate, let me in on it.

Comment

This ain't quite in the league of the ones you're talking about, but I use a Behringer FCB1010. It works for everything I use it for, Pete can come along later and fill you in on all the technical details later. My only issue with it is that it takes up a lot of room, but I'm silly about those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
            This ain't quite in the league of the ones you're talking about, but I use a Behringer FCB1010. It works for everything I use it for, Pete can come along later and fill you in on all the technical details later. My only issue with it is that it takes up a lot of room, but I'm silly about those things.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hey,how do you like it? can you re-assign every button? i was gonna check one out as a viable new replacement board for all my X15's but the pedals are on the right side...correct? they are on the left on the art and i don't like wah'ing with my right foot... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but thats just me.....
            but hey VB...you might want to check into the behringer they can be had for about $130 new [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I like it just fine dude...the expression pedals are both on the right side though, yeah, but I never use those anyway. I think you can re-assign every button, not sure if I understand your question right but it can do a lot. I think the coolest thing is that there's a jack that handles your amp's footswitch, and you can change the channels on your amp along with MIDI patches in an effects processor or something too.

Comment

I had an FCB1010 that was built like a tank. Sold it to somebody here, don't remember who...

Keith
                The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I used the FCB1010 with a Rockron Voodu Valve and Pod XT. Worked great. Bit of a learning curve since I was/am a bit of a midi n00b.
                  "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Another vote for FCB1010... Lots of local musicians in the area up here using it with their rack setup and I've not heard any complaints from them and having seen their bands live, I've not seen any technical problems... Though I'm not a rack guy.

Comment

Don't know about the newer "ground Control" it looks better and I hear they are using good switches now. The older style had I had was total crap and 4 switches broke, the readout glitched constantly, and it would reboot and lose settings, within the first three months I had it. Untrustable totally. However, the customer service is great though and they are nice guys there..

I currently use the Rocktron MidiMAte, and feel it is an excellent piece. Years of harsh use and not even a glitch. I would use nothing else except the All Access.

I personally refuse to give Behringer a cent of my hard earned American dough for the crappy reverse engineered products that they pander to the masses.

Comment

Anyone know the going rate on a new Rocktron All Access? On ebay they seem to sell for $500-600. The Behringer looks cool but I hear the company has a reputation for cheap stuff. I called Voodoo Labs to ask about the Ground Control and they guy on the phone was super nice and answered a lot of technical questions for me.

Comment

I use a Lexicon MPX-R1 Midi controller to run my Triaxis- TC Electronic G-Force- 2:90 rig. It's not bad but I've had a couple of times where I've had to hit the same preset button a couple of times til it switches. I did have to have a switch replaced a while back and many of the Lexicon dedicated features are disabled when you don't use the controller with Lexicon products. I'm very much considering a Rocktron All Access.
                            Tom

Comment

Voodoo Labs/Digital Music are great to work with, and very good about fixing things.

Then again, after I had the two switches fixed on my "inherited" (Take this thing, since I'm going to trash it anyway!) orginial Ground Control, I haven't had any problems with it. I'm definately in the minority there, though. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Mike
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X