No announcement yet.

Mixer question. ID this part, please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixer question. ID this part, please!!!

I bought a vintage Carvin 6 channel mixer. It's a road model. It has a fist=size transformer and probably dates to the late 70's. My question is, What is the aluminum finned piece that has three little nylon plates called? I know I should go to the Carvin site, but I like you guys so much better.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Re: Mixer question. ID this part, please!!!

mostly likely a heat sink. does the mixer have internal power, or is it a wall wart? if the power supply is internal, i'd be willing to bet that the finned thing is a heat sink.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Its a heat sink bro.

Comment

Thank God it's not NSYNK. Thanks. I've seen a couple of these on the Bay and they are missing that for some reason. Mines all stock. It's a freestanding tolexed cased stage mixer. About the size of an accordian. Dates to the seventies, me thinks. I can hardly wait to see if it works. Thanks again.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
        X