Opinions on my JOHNSON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on my JOHNSON?

Hey, I was in need of a combo amp w/ effects to use at home as I was sick and tired of hauling my Mesa rig back and forth. I'm sure you all know how much of a pain that is lugging a 16 space rack on wheels and 4X12 Recto cabs. So I got what seemed to be a great price on a new Johnson Marquis JM-120 2X12 combo. It retailed at 1249 and I paid an even 625 with tax and everything. If anyone has experience with these...what are your opinions? The effects sound like Digitech stuff and I understand that that's what they are. Is this a decent amp for live use as well? Haven't pushed it yet....I use a Triaxis and the "rectifier" presets don't really get the Mesa vine but they do sound pretty nice otherwise. Anyway, I'd like to hear opinions. Is there much benefit in the Johnson Millenium 250 head. I thought about one of those too.
    Tom

Re: Opinions on my JOHNSON?

Tom, I had a Marquis 60. It was my 1st experience with modeling. I gigged with it with and extension 2 x 12 cab for around 6 months. It had a cool feature. It had an extra 60 watt amp that would activate when you plugged in an extension cabinet. It got great sound and is the sole reason I got hooked on modeling amps. The one you have is similar to the one I had. It really worked great live and gave me "studio/record" sound at live stage volumes. It had a 12ax7 tube in it too so it was pretty warm sounding.

Comment

I won't, I repeat, I won't, give out opinions on other guy's "johnsons" [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
      I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

:lol

Comment

Working...
        X