Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stepping on Foot switches advice.

Hello,
    I have a board with my effects, D.D., chorus, EQ, Dist, wah, in that order from left to right.

How or when if your playing a song that goes clean to crunch and vice versa.
    Do you effectively make the change?

1.Do you hit the dist while the chorus in one then shut the Chrs off once you hit the Dist.
    or
    2.Shut the chrs and then hit the dist fast.
    or
    3.Kinda use a toe/heel approach like a race car driver.
    or
    4.Keep the pedals close and with one hit of your foot you simultaneously turn one off and the other on?

Just some Ideas that I have had but haven't tried any thing yet.

What is the best way? Thanks in advance.

Re: Stepping on Foot switches advice.

I have my tech do my switching.
    Wait, what decade is this??

Comment

Heh heh! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I use a Rocktron patchmate switcher but they don't make them anymore and they are not easy to find... GCX makes a good one now but they are not cheap. THe plus side though is that you dont run long cables through your signal chain so there is no degrading and you can turn up to 9 things on or off at once or however you set your patches up. The GCX does 8 I believe... They ain't cheap though and it means you are packing a rack if you use a head/cab setup... This is why I went all rack with my shit. No signal loss and I can turn it all on or off with one button.

Comment

Carl Martin makes this thing called the Combinator, or something like that, that you plug all your pedals and your guitar and amp into and it gives you, basically, presets with your pedals.

If I didn't use a rack unit, I'd be all over that thing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

That combinator is essentialy a DW Labs Quick Change Artist from the '80s

Comment

Originally posted by Michael:
            Carl Martin makes this thing called the Combinator, or something like that, that you plug all your pedals and your guitar and amp into and it gives you, basically, presets with your pedals.

If I didn't use a rack unit, I'd be all over that thing. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where can I find one? Sounds perfect!
            I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V:
              Heh heh! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I use a Rocktron patchmate switcher but they don't make them anymore and they are not easy to find... GCX makes a good one now but they are not cheap. THe plus side though is that you dont run long cables through your signal chain so there is no degrading and you can turn up to 9 things on or off at once or however you set your patches up. The GCX does 8 I believe... They ain't cheap though and it means you are packing a rack if you use a head/cab setup... This is why I went all rack with my shit. No signal loss and I can turn it all on or off with one button.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">here's one on the bay right now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=23792

Comment

Originally posted by KE:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Michael:

Mike
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where can I find one? Sounds perfect! </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heres the link to Carl Martins website...

http://www.carlmartin.com/

Comment

Thanks, Ruxspin!
                  I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

I fix this problem by not using many pedals, or none at all. For my Top 40 band I only use an overdrive pedal and a wah pedal. Not too much switching to do there. For my own Death Metal stuff it's either just a single overdrive pedal or no pedals at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KE:
                      Thanks, Ruxspin!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No Problem. Glad I could help [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X