Mesa .22+...what else is there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa .22+...what else is there?

Are there any other small tube combos like the Mesa Studio .22+ that sound as good and are as flexible? Or should I just search for a .22+ if that's what I want?

Re: Mesa .22+...what else is there?

I was over Ken's (Warriorx7) house last night and he has a F30 and IT ROCKED. Even the clean was pretty good at loud volumes. He put a different speaker in it though, They come with V30's. Maybe he can give you some more insight on it. It really got a nice crunch though. Very articulate and it has a reverb in it too.

Comment

Yep, I've also got an F-30 1x12 combo. It's got two EL84s with four 12AX7s, 2.5 channels... clean channel and crunch channel. The crunch channel has a contour boost that increases the gain, bass, treble to give you a sound close to a recto). The channels/contour are footswitchable, and so is the reverb. Each channel has its own reverb which is even cooler, because I use very little reverb when playing distorted and like more while playing clean. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Also, you can pull out the gain control on the clean channel for a bright boost... it's not mentioned in the manual, but it is labeled on the amp right above the control, but it can be hard to miss. The amp sounds great loud or very low at living room volumes.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The .22+ amps don't have as many features as the later boogies, but in my opinion kicks em all in the ass. I've checked out nomads and the 'F series' boogies at GC, and they are nice, but the .22+s just have a crunch/tone to them that the newer amps lack.

I had a DC3 and a DC5 head also, and they weren't the same either. The only other boogie I had that I liked as much as my .22+s was an EL84 powered .50 head. If my .22's were heads, I'd still have one of them - I hate combos. Heck, I preferred the tone of my .22 over a loaded Mark III I had!

Pete

Comment

Rivera R30

Comment

Soldano Astroverb 16? Have not tried one ever but the reveiws I have read peg it has a crunchy gain monster. It is suposed to clean up well when you lower your guitar volume too. Just throwing it out there... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I guess it isn't really what you are looking for because it does not sound too flexible like the .22 Boogie.

Comment

Had one. Not in the same league as the Studio.22+.

Comment

How much do those F30's cost approximately? I would also like to switch to Mesa.
                I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Originally posted by quadperson:
                  How much do those F30's cost approximately? I would also like to switch to Mesa.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">$799 brand new at the stores. Mesa's pricing policy for their dealers is the same everywhere, so you'll pay the same.
                  I found mine on ebay for $600, and I believe WarriorX7 got his for the same price.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is it worth that much money? How's it gonna compare to my Randall 212 combo?
                    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Okay, I have a Studio .22, and so far I havn't been a huge fan of it. Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ? Maybe it needs new tubes?

Comment

EQ or no?

Comment

Being the local VHT fan I have to remind you that they make a 50W Pittbull combo. A mean little 1X12 that got excellent reviews from just about everyone. They say it's damn near loud enough to gig with and has all that tight VHT gain the Pittbulls are famous for, plus it cleans up like a champ and everything in between. It even does your laundry. The price? $2K

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Chuck.. Check your PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X