Boss GT-6 vs. Line 6 POD XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss GT-6 vs. Line 6 POD XT

I haven't had a chance to play a GT-6. I was wondering how it compares to the POD XT?

I can't seem to find any GT-6 sound samples online.

Re: Boss GT-6 vs. Line 6 POD XT

My friend has a GT 6 and uses it in front of his Randall RH200. I toyed with it some. I liked a few of the distortions and the Modulations are great. I felt the amp sims were more like eq'd distortion and compression set ups than amps. But all the Boss effects are very good and there are a lot to choose.I own the Xt and feel that its amp sims are way more realistic but I have less effect types than the GT 6.

Ric

Comment

i tried both and i ended up with a gt6.
      if you are looking for accurate amp reproductions, than the podxt is it.
      if you are looking for a unit with excellent sounds, lots of effects, at a decent price, than the gt6 is it.
      the gt6's amp sims are not as accurate as the pod xt, but they sound great in its own way.
      you can pick up a boss gt6 used for approx $250 which is a good deal in my opinion.
      a used pod xt with a full length pedalboard will cost you almost $500.

Comment

maybe its a silly question, but is it possible to control a (midi) preamp via the gt6?
        I need to buy a fx unit, and at the moment i need a midi board, too. theoretically i would go for a rack fx unit (gmajor, intelliflex or somehting similar), but if the gt6 can substitute the midi board i would go for it (rack fx+midi board=~600€ gt6=~400€, used even less)

greets
        fragle

Comment

Working...
        X