Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my Voodoo Amps Witchdoctor modded Vibrochamp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Voodoo Amps Witchdoctor modded Vibrochamp!

Awesome Highgain 15-20watt amp. I had Voodoo's owner, Trace, add a switch selectable tube and Solid State rectifier. He also added a power boost switch and 2 extra gain stage. Great company concept...you send them a description of the tone you are looking for, and a 1/2 dozen songs of the tone you want, and they go to work. I had my doubts at first...but this amp nails what I was looking for. I have yet to really crank it. But it sounds great at low volumes. I just finished practicing with my children sound asleep [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] . No Problems. Trace also added jack inputs for 4, 8 and 16ohm cabs. I am currently play through a 2X12 loaded with a Celestion Vintage 30 and Celestion 25th Anniv. speakers. Awesone bottom end highgain tone...even at late night practicing volumes. Check out www.voodooamps.com Trace and his staff are great. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Just got my Voodoo Amps Witchdoctor modded Vibrochamp!

Sounds great. Post clips when you get a chance. How much did the mods set you back?
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I wish I could post clips...I'm still in the Dark Ages here. I really need the clips posting 101 class. The mods cost me $500.00. Trace did some extra mods for free...because the amp took longer than expected to mod. I could email you some pics. I've got to get to the 21st century and invest in some computer recording software. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats man! Yes, Trace is a class act for sure.

Comment

I agree... Cleveland Metal. Trace has got to have the best customer service I have ever dealt with. You got to respect the owner of a company who will take the time to talk with you over the phone until all your questions are answered, and he is sure that his company will deliver to you the tone and options you want. Highly recommended! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a witchdoctor champ also, and a JCM800 with the 'hex' mod. Trace does great work at reasonable prices.

Pete

Comment

I've heard good things about his MP1 mods. I was thinking about sending mine in for $239.

Comment

If you have any mp3s made, and they are a couple megs or smaller, email them to me. I can host the for you.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I hope this works... http://voodooamps.com/sounds/vibrowitchdoctor.mp3 [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Your link worked. Thanks for the clip! Sounds great! I may have to get a Champ with these mods. I few years back I went the whole "small amp" cranked route. Never got anything gainy enough.

That amp flat out kills!

Comment

The Mesa Dual Rec on the clips page is mine...

Comment

Iced in Flames...that Recto mod is great. I would go for that mod if I owned a Rectifier.

Comment

Yeah it definitly made the amp sound a hell of alot better. Took all of that annoying buzz out of the sound and made it real tight.

I later sold it and got my ENGL Powerball which in my opinion kills about everything Mesa has ever made.

Comment

I've got an ADA MP-1 modified by Voodoo Amps and it screams. It's not noisy like all the other MP-1's that I've had in the past and the gain channels crush along with MUCH better clean tones.
                            Trace is THE man.

Comment

Originally posted by JiMoSiTY:
                              I've got an ADA MP-1 modified by Voodoo Amps and it screams. It's not noisy like all the other MP-1's that I've had in the past and the gain channels crush along with MUCH better clean tones.
                              Trace is THE man.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I wanted to hear!! I think I'll be sending mine off soon. Thanks!!
                              [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X