Demeter Bass preamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demeter Bass preamps

Ok guys, the bass player in my band has a Demeter tube preamp and we had a big argument the other day. First he tried to tell me that the 12ax7s in it were power tubes, and then he tried to tell me that they had nothing to do with his tone.

Knowing better,but wanting to first verify this, is there any way possible that a tube preamp would have tubes in it that didn't affect the tone?

This all started cause his tone is crappy lately and he said he hasn't changed the tubes in over a year,so I was gonna give him two new ones, but he kept insisting that they were power tubes in the pre amp. He even threatened to bring in the manual and show me , OOH now I'm scared [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Demeter Bass preamps

he's retarded. 12ax7's don't power shit. they are pre-amp tubes. if his tone is bad he needs new tubes. let the man consult his manual...he'll feel like an idiot. (of course the tubes could also be used for a buffered effects loop, and his preamp could also have a solid state preamp section in addition to the tube driven side...just a side thought)
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X