Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have 2 or less rack components, where do you store them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have 2 or less rack components, where do you store them?

Just wondering...those of you who are only running 1-2 rack components with a guitar head...where do you keep the component? In a 2 space SKB rack? Any other cases out there worth looking at?

Re: If you have 2 or less rack components, where do you store them?

I run an F/X rack and a BBE 422a only...however,I use a 3 space rack the last one being for my power strip...you might wanna go for 4 just in case you want to add something later without having to buy a new rack.Since the cost difference isn't much it can't hurt to have a little more space than you need.
    Oh,and I just let mine stand up sideways next to the amp,it takes up less space and doesn't get kicked around as much.

Comment

I agree with Evol. Get a bigger rack than you need, it'll come in handy at a later date. A rack is the best place to keep your equipment, setting it on top of your amp is like asking for a problem. Also, it's convenient to carry. Skb's are good racks, but many other brands are available. I like the wooden ones better, but they are more expensive and cost more. Genz Benz makes a nice rack. Hope this helps.

Comment

If you think you're set with the two or less pieces you have, they do make 2 space racks...I believe Annah has one that she puts her Lexicon in.

Comment

It's worth getting at least a 4-space rack. Look on Ebay, they're pretty cheap
          and you'll get to see a variety of brands and types.

I have a Groove Pak 5-space rack; it's 1/4" plywood covered in padding and nylon
          with zip-off front and back. It has a shoulder strap and nylon strap handles
          and was only $40 on the Bay. It also has a side pocket that I keep the manuals in,
          and the gooseneck light for the power unit. It's pretty heavy loaded with all 5 spaces, but the shoulder strap is cool for that. Not as heavy duty as some others though.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Don't buy too big a rack if your like me. I always feel a need to fill my rack, and drop plenty of $ doing it. I can't look at an empty rack space without thinking "what could go in there"? Plan what you need, then get two spaces more. You can always buy a second rack. I am almost tempted to go to two racks, since my power amp alone weighs a freakin' ton.

Also what kind of rack you need depends on where you'll be using it. If you only play in your bedroom you can get away with a thin plywood rack for about $20. If you play a few local gigs get a decent rack with covers for about $50-60. If you plan on touring a bit get a pretty good SKB rack(I got a good SKB 8 space for $140, they are $180 at MF). If you are touring constantly and have roadies to lug your crap, you can spend $500+ on a case. Of course you'd probably have more than 2 spaces worth of stuff.

[ April 06, 2004, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have an SKB 4 space but was considering a 2 space. I'm thinking about getting a G Major and ditching my pedals completely.

Comment

for me its more like, get what you need. If you have too much rack gear, its better to have it split into sections then having to break your back and someone elses to help you carry the damn thing, im gonna have a four space for my preamp and poweramp and a 2u for tuner and something else, just makes life easier.
                cheers

Comment

Wait, I just remembered that I have a 10 space, not an 8. I am going to get wheels for it.

Comment

I currently have a 2 space rack and a 6 space rack. I keep my effects processor and eq in the 2 space rack. I can take this and run it into the effects loop of an amp and not have to move a ton of stuff. I can also put this ontop of the 6 space rack and run it with the pre-amp, poweramp, bbe, etc. For me, a 2 space is REALLY easy to move around, but bigger that that is a nusiance.

Comment

Working...
                    X