V-amp vs. Digitech RP series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-amp vs. Digitech RP series?

Which is better? The one thing I really want to do is be able to switch from one preset to the other quickly. For example, playing a clean intro and then switching to distortion. How far up in the RP series do I have to go before I can do that? Does the Behringer do that?
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Re: V-amp vs. Digitech RP series?

I just recently bought the new Digitech RP80, which BTW is only $79! It has 40 presets and I found around 5 that I can use. Two are clean tones and the other 3 are distorted tones. It also has the Whammy and YaYa effects which actually sound really good. I considered getting that new Behringer one, but I know I like Digitech products. I have also owned the RP1 and RP2000. I think the item you are describing, having like an A/B pedal is available on the RP300.
    Brian

Comment

Or, he may be asking if the patch switches instantly or if there's an instant of silence before the new patch kicks in?

Can't answer that about either unit, haven't tried 'em. The RP has a tuner, drum machine and phrase trainer though, doesn't it? I don't think the V-Amp
      has those.
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Actually I meant, do I have to scroll or can I assign two sounds to the two pedals? Like this, say I want clean preset #3 and then want to go to distorted preset #38, do I have to scroll, or just hit a button?
        I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Not sure, but if it's like most multi pedals, I believe you could MOVE preset #38 to the #2 or #4 spot adjacemnt to the
          #3 clean preset. Even if you do have to scroll you will likely use 3 or 4 presets mainly, and those you could group together.

I do think the RP200s and up have the clean and distorted "channels" for each preset, but don't know if the lower models do. A trip to the music store or the Digitech website should answer those questions though.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

I have an RP300 so I can tell you that

a) there is no sound cut when changing patches
              but
              b) you can only scroll up and down sequentially with the footswitches. There's no way to jump from #2 to #40 in other words. Big bummer.

However, I beleive with the RP400 and any MIDI floorboard you can do what you want by programming a channel change and assigning it to a footswitch.

Comment

So you can't move the #40 preset to the #3 or #1 position so they're adjacent?
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

you can on my RP10...
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

RP10??? Do they still make it? Is it similar to the others? If you can't have them adjacent, what's the point? That's not gonna work in a live setting. Are they just for recording?

Comment

Honestly, if you are looking for something to Gig with, move up to the GNX. The versatility is well worth the extra money.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by quadperson:
                        RP10??? Do they still make it? Is it similar to the others? If you can't have them adjacent, what's the point? That's not gonna work in a live setting. Are they just for recording?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no, they don't make it anymore, it's on the outdated side, from what i gather. you should be able to assign presets to pedal #s... i've used it live, and for recording. i think that the sound i had was okay, but this is also coming from soneone who hates dealing with amps. there's better stuff, i'm sure.

sully
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                        X