Marshall JMP-1 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JMP-1 settings

Folks picked up one of these bad boys last week and digging the factory settings!

Anyway, lets see yours - I am thinking of setting a JMP-1 patch site so let me know what or who you think they emulate.

Horns 666, thanks for the pre purchase advice

\m/

http://www.virtuosityone.com

Re: Marshall JMP-1 settings

volume 20/gain 20/bass 4/mid -2/treble 4/prescence 0(IIRC)

I got the EQ of my replifex, a graphic eq unit and my BBE juicing it up from there

Comment

Re: Marshall JMP-1 settings

What's up dude ...I just replaced my JMP-1 tubes the stock Sovtek 12AX7WHT+s blew after owning this for eight years ..the tubes finaly took a dump and I'm glad .

I found some old Chinese Marshall ECC 83s and popped those in and it made a great difference in my tone ...it's a pain in the ass to open ..I wouldn't bother doing that until you have to ...I'm just wondering what preamp tubes are in there ..there is better ones out to improve the tone ..I love the sound of this even more now.

My settings are as following ..this is prety much etched in stone!!

OD2 / bass shift ON without BBE 422....OFF with my BBE ...then I use the BBE for the lows..

Volume 20 / Gain 20 / Bass +6 / Mid -2 / Treb +6 / Presence +3 to +6 (depends on volume..I cut it back when louder)/effects that's on you

I use a Marshall JFX-1 for just delay

and a 9200 Monoblock loaded with 5881s (6L6s)

into four stock Marshall 1960b cabs loaded w/celestion 75s.

I still love this amp

and a 535Q wah...that's it....sometimes

I'm doing a quick demo on a Tascam tape ..

My Uber is in one channel and the Marshall will be in the other ... With the girth of the Uber and the edge of the Marshall ...it should be a nice mix..

I'll post it as soon as possible ..

I can nail Glen Drover's tone to a T ...Glen Drover of Eidolon...ex - King Diamond!

and it get's a great Criss Olivia tone!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
      X