Line 6 Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider

Anyone have opinions on the spider series? I was going to check one out, but don't have any dealers close. Are they as versatile as most other line 6 gear?

Re: Line 6 Spider

well......are you talking about the spider II or I series? i haven't played the spider II (yet) but the I was not that impressive. its a pretty good practice amp, but it seemed that it doesnt cut through the mix very well. so imo ok for practice, for band use look elsewhere.

as far as versality goes: well, they are quite versatile, but not even close to the flextone/pod series or their newer stuff. once more, its more like a practice modeling amp, so no 100000000 amp sims, 40000 fx and so on [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but to be honest, the only limitation i saw was in the fx department, the amps are really sufficient for most people, because they cover a lot of ground from fender up to mesa and of course INSANE [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

greets
    fragle

ps: if you're looking for a practice amp check out the roland cube 30. the guys around here seem to like them (never played one myself)

Comment

I had a Spider II head, and it was a great practice amp. Perfect for jamming in practice room. Had any guitar sound you could ever want, and the effects weren't bad either. However, it was not a live amp, by any means. Anything past 5 or 6, and it got thin sounding. I think if you need something to do both, live and practice, get a Vetta, or a Flextone.

Comment

I've got a Spider II 212. I gig with it, and I dig the tone.
        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Thanks for the input Fragle. I might check out the cube 30. I don't need something really big, so this might do the trick.

Comment

Working...
          X