Bad Horsie Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Horsie Problem...

I have had one for over a year now and mever had any problem with it. Then all the sudden the thing starts makeing a noise that is louder than the guitar signal. Like a loud hiss.

I called Morley and they sent me a new one cause they couldn't find a problem with it. The new one does the same thing, and The president of Morley said that he personally checked it before it left.

However, when I let him hear it over the phone , he said it definately should not be doing that. The are sending me yet another one.

I have tried this thing into two amps witout anything else and with several different cords. With and witout aguitar plugged in. Same Results. Does anyone have a clue what the problem is?
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Bad Horsie Problem...

Try it in a different room. Take it to a guitar store and try it. It could be the way your house is wired. It could be the two amps. It could just be the pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
      Try it in a different room.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i was gonna say try it in a different house, but thats close enough [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Do I hear "try it in a different city" ?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Send it to me and I will try it for you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmm a couple questions/things to try...

(1) Take the pedal out of the setup and just plug straight into an amp--make sure it definitely IS the pedal and not something else.

(2) Try the pedal with AC power or NEW battery, which ever you don't normally use.

(3) Does it make this noise regardless of whether the unit is ON or OFF, just sitting there?

(4) Have you changed anything else in the setup?

Stu

Comment

Hmm a couple questions/things to try...

(1) Take the pedal out of the setup and just plug straight into an amp--make sure it definitely IS the pedal and not something else.

(2) Try the pedal with AC power or NEW battery, which ever you don't normally use.

(3) Does it make this noise regardless of whether the unit is ON or OFF, just sitting there?

(4) Have you changed anything else in the setup?

Stu

Comment

I have already done all of this and it does it at every show at practice and at home ,with batteries, with the adapter, in 3 different amps with a guitar plugged in , without a guitar plugged in, and in 4 different cities [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

It doesn't make the noise until the Wha is turned on.

Comment

Then it is just defective. What is so complicated? Are you using single coils? There is a boost in that pedal isn't there? I would guess you just got another defective one. I had one and never had a problem with it.

Comment

I have checked everything, cords included and what is "So Complicated" is that as I said this is the second one they sent me and the President of Morley guarenteed me that he checked it before he sent it to me.

Comment

That doesn't mean anything. I could guarantee that I checked it as well...and you know I didn't. Sometimes this shit happens. I once had a brand new MXR Distortion Plus. The thing worked in the store, but when I got home it would work no matter what I did. I brought it back to the store and it worked. Then I figured it was probably the type of cord I had. They had the same one there so we tested it. It didn't work. We could never figure that out. They gave me my money back. That is why I asked what is so complicated. If you tried every concievable scenario and it doesn't work, then it is the pedal. End of story.

Comment

It will be the end of the story when I have a pedal that works.

Comment

I hear you. I hope it works out. You might want to ask over at Jemsite since a lot of those guys have them. Perhaps someone has had a similiar situation.

Comment

Check your cords! I'm very positive it's a bad cord.
                            1990 Jackson Professional
                            1992 Dean ML
                            2004 Epiphone Flying V
                            2005 Epiphone Dot
                            2009 Fender Stratocaster
                            2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                            2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                            2006 Fender P Bass
                            2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                            1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                            1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                            Custom Pedalboard