New JCM 2000 TSL HD with 1960A Cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JCM 2000 TSL HD with 1960A Cab

Well I finially bought it after months if looking actually I first bought a JCM 2000 TSL 122, love the tone of the 122, it lasted 3 days, then 2 valves blew. Rather than taking it across the city for repairs. I went ahead and paid the difference and switched it out for a Half stack. I really wanted a half stack in the first place. But my back wanted a combo. LOL.

Anyways its home now and what a great tone. At this point though I still haven't tried any effects on it, as straight in, sounds awsome. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Mathyus

Re: New JCM 2000 TSL HD with 1960A Cab

Great sounding amp!! I thought the very same thing when I bought mine. Sounds very good just plugging in and ripping. Sounds as good with effects. Enjoy!!

Comment

I am on the hunt for a TSL 100 watt head so I can send to Voodoo Amps for a liitle "operation" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Channel one will sound like a Rivera clean. Channel two I haven't decided on. And channel three will have Trace's new witchdoctor circuit on it. Pure molten Marshall metal!!!!!

Comment

Ooh, I wish I knew of someone trustworthy to do mods to my TSL. Not that I need it or anything, it would just be cool to mod it some. It has a mod already of an overall master volume knob which I find very handy.

Congrats on the new purchse, mine has been going strong at gigs since 99 with the original footpedal too, no dramas there either.

Comment

Trace at Voodoo amps is incredibly trustworthy! He can do whatever you want. I have an old JCM800 modded by him and it sounds phenomenal! And it's built like a brick @#ithouse!

Comment

I love that head, I'm running with the 1960 AX cab(25 watt greenbacks) and it rocks. I did get one real helpfull mod though. I had my tech get a very long peice of that cabling for the footswitch and he moded the pedal so that the cable detaches from the footsswitch and the amp. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The original cable that's attached to the switch is not roadworthy at all. And also not long enough in large venues... [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X