Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a multi-track...

Guys,
    I'm looking to get one of the entry-level 4 tracks-looking to spend no more than 200 bucks. Any recommendations? I'lll just be using it to screw around with basically, maybe record myself practicing and whatnot.

Thanks!

Re: recommend a multi-track...

Look around for some used Yamaha 4-tracks. I have a MT50 which I bought new for $400, and it's great. They're discontinued, and I imagine you could get a great deal on one.

I'd sell you mine, since I'm saving up for a PC with a Qubase system, but I've grown attached to it.

Comment

Oh, yeah, feel free to pm me or email me if you have one for sale.

Comment

How about a Digitech GNX3? They're $399, with modeling, drum tracks and digital recording all built in, and it's geared toward the hobbyist/guitarist.

Comment

Zoom MRS-4 is a good choice.

Comment

I have had a Tascam Porta-07 for years. I swear by it, it has been a great peice of equipment for me....

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll check around!

Comment

You are already typing on what would probably be your best bet in a 4-track. Use your PC. It will blow away just about any tape 4-track out there.

Matt

Comment

Your computer or a Tascam 424. New MKIII versions are a little under $400 new. Older original 424 versions are $200.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

What kind of computer software is available for recording and how does it work?
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

If you don't need to record lots of tracks at once buy an m-audio audiophile and a cheap multitrack software (n-track or cubasis) and you're ready to go!All for 200$ circa.

Comment

Stay away from the MF-PO1. Total piece of shit. It recorded well, but it was noisy and did not hold up to much abuse, which is a necessity anywhere near our band! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X