Korg AX30G coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korg AX30G coming

Well, after some searching, I found a used Korg AX30G, which is winging its way to my door as I write this. Since reading that Jon Donais uses one of these to get his sound, I can hardly wait. Anyone else have any experience with one of these?

Re: Korg AX30G coming

whos jon donais?

Comment

He's the lead guitarist for Massachusetts-based death metal band Shadows Fall.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Shadows Fall is relatively new, which may be why you haven't heard of them yet. Donais is a very talented player with a great sound.

A few months ago, I checked out the back page of Guitar World, where each month you can find a profile of a famous guitarists' equipment setup. Usually, you'll find a diagram showing a rack full of gear, along with modded or boutique amp heads, and multiple foot pedals.

Donais' diagram showed this Korg AX30G multi-effect unit, a wah and his amp. That's it. He does use a Marshall amp, but runs it clean, believe it or not, getting all of his grind from this multi-effect unit. If I can get it to sound anything like he does, I'll be in metal heaven. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Did you get it yet?

Comment

Hey Boxcar,

Yup, got it safe and sound. Looks cool. Very small. It will be amazing if I can coax Donais' sound out of this little box. I haven't had time to play with it much yet, though, and it seems pretty "deep," so I think it's going to take some tweaking time before I can offer legitimate opinions on it. For now, I can say that I the distortions sound good and authentic (not digital-sounding), and there seems to be plenty of crunch on tap for us metal mongers (unlike my other Korg product - a Pandora PX4, which I also love, but which fails to deliver any really crushing metal sounds, apparently focusing instead on the weaker distortion employed in classic rock, blues, etc.). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

When I get a handle on this beast, I'll let you know what I come up with! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I used to have the AX1000G and I was pretty happy with distortions.

Comment

anyone know whether korg ax1500g is discontinued or something?? I can't find any of them in stores nowadays...

Comment

i have a ax1500g and here in canada we can still buy it..in fact my other guitarist is buying one in the weeks to come, all of the dealer have one or more in stock...keep loocking you ll find one.

Comment

Originally posted by diospada:
                    anyone know whether korg ax1500g is discontinued or something?? I can't find any of them in stores nowadays...
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guitar Center still carries them; the store I used to work at had a display unit on sale.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X