Who can Juice my Wah-Wah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who can Juice my Wah-Wah?

Well, it really didnt get the Cantrell sound. at least to me it didnt sound like it. But I really think your theory of his fingers, playing style, and other gear play a big part in his tone. I think that has alot to do with it. I like to toy around with that stuff anyway. so it was fun. I guess I realized that its best to just get "my" best wah sound out of my pedal and live with it. Lets face it, I am not Jerry cantrell or any other guitarist with awesome tone. I like to try to get cool tones, and I found one I can live with. Thanks for the tip though Boxcar!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Did you try those settings on your Wah?? (of course your snakeskin boots on the wah pedal are bound to make it sound awesome [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] !!!)
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Ah, my wah...my wah is a standard Crybaby that's broken right now, so no, I didn't try them. Another thing I failed to mention is that Jerry tunes to Eb, but you probably knew that already. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have been using Dimebag's version for a couple of months now and couldn't be happier. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love Hemingway, too.
          How does Dime's wah comapare to other Dunlops?

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
            I love Hemingway, too.
            How does Dime's wah comapare to other Dunlops?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's Hotrodded with with a Boost Switch. Teh pedal is much easier to really dial in your individual settings. Plus, it's frickin' camo with Skateboard tape on it so your foot doesn't slip off on those beer soaked performances.... How cool is that shit?

Comment

How about its tonal range? Does it sweep more into higher registers? Is it only the boost that's added to it? I'd love to try one out, but that's a no no situation here.

Comment

Originally posted by metafaza:
                How about its tonal range? Does it sweep more into higher registers? Is it only the boost that's added to it? I'd love to try one out, but that's a no no situation here.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, it has a greater sweep. It's called a variable Q switch. It lets you shaped the filter peak from a very large and selective filter peak to a very subtle and broad filter peak... Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks a lot Brad! I've just discovered that my Hendrix Wah sounds better when on battery. It sounds deeper and more vintage than when on power supply. Did you observe something similar or is it just me? Folks on Harmony Central have similar opinions so I guess there's something to it.
                  Does Dime's Wah have a true bypass?

Comment

If you want to be done with the wah thing once & for all, email Geoffrey Teese @ RMC wahs, ask him specific questions, & pay the bucks based on his recommendation. I've played / owned / modded VOX, Dunlop Crybabies & 535's, Fulltones, Morleys,... Forget it, get a Teese & move on, best wahs on the planet, period, end quote. What you save now with the cheap ones will be lost after you go through more cheap ones... $.02

Comment

Working...
                    X