Suhr Modded Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Modded Marshall

Has anyone heard a Marshall modded by John Suhr? If anyone has any feedback or owns one let me know.

Re: Suhr Modded Marshall

Tim -
    I never PLAYED one, so I couldn't tell you about the responsiveness... but Reb Beach's main ones in his rig, as well as (I think) Doug Aldrich's rig - used for rhythm, he uses the Cameron modded one for leads - were done by Suhr.
    GREAT tone...

Comment

Is this the same Suhr that makes guitars, or is that a totally different person/company?
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Yes it is the same person.

Comment

Tim, have you been here yet? (probably have)

http://b5.ezboard.com/bjohnsuhrguitars

Comment

Yeah I check out his message board. I guess there is not a lot of info out there sice most of the heads he has modded has been for pro's such as Lynch, Mr. Halen, and Reb Beach. I would really like to get the skinny on how his mod sounds.

Comment

Cool, my bud is currently raving about a Suhr strat he recently played.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Cool, hey there are a lot of guys on Hugeracks that are Suhr Devotees, it might be a place to look for maybe even a clips.

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/board/index.php

Comment

I can't comment on Suhr modded Marshall but have owned OD100(John designed it) and the amp was great.
                  It can get brutal as you want it to be with the boost switch on and ask John how much it would cost you for modification.I asked him one time and it wasn't that much and turn around time is about 1month.
                  He can do 2ch mod,boost mod,effect loops,depth knob and so on.
                  I would love to get his Modded Marshal but I am happy with my VHT. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

And talking about his guitars, I would say they are the best.
                  I have owned about 5-6 Suhr guitars,my main is Suhr Standard, 1 Classic is on the way and 1 custom classic with SSH (should be done in 2months).

Comment

Man John Suhr must be incredibly talented...he builds rad guitars AND rad amps...I hope I can do something even sorta close to that cool someday.

Comment

Woah, both of those guitars look saweet!

Comment

HAven't heard a Marshall modded by him. But, I do own a CAE3+se that was designed by him, and it's the nicest sounding preamp I've heard yet in most ways.

Aside from that, if you are having him do one, he is the nicest guy and is VERY into helping people get what they want out of his work. He has emailed with me many times and is a very patient and a very helpful guy. Aside from that, he knows his shit in a major way.

However, I do know he is pretty busy as of lately doing his own amps along with his guitar line that he builds. You may be waiting a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X