celestion moved production to china

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• celestion moved production to china

thats the latest buzz going around the local music shop here. I heard a few months back that they might do it, and just a couple days ago I hear that they actually went ahead and did it.

anyone else hear anything about this? is it true?

Re: celestion moved production to china

I thought some of the line was now in China, the rest are still in England.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Celestion are owned by a Chinese company. This company also owns a company called KEF who make hifi loudspeakers, they have had most of their new ranges moved overseas as well. Its not a suprise that celestion have been moved there as well. Saves a whole lot of money manufacturing over there.

Comment

thats a shame [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Ugh...I feel sick... [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

One word my friends SHEFFIELDS!!!

Comment

What's the problem with this? I perceive this as a borderline racist remark. Other than screwing some people in England over their jobs, can't anybody make a quality product in China?
            People are disrespecting all products coming from China, I know they don't owe much to human rights but that doesn't mean they can't manufacture quality products!

Where do you think the products of the major consumer electronics brands are invented/made/produced? Companies like Sony, Panasonic, JVC, LG(Goldstar), Samsung, Hyundai, etc. etc.
            That's right, they don't make 'em in Switzerland, or in Hicksville, Alabama for that matter.
            It's all made in Asia.
            As long as the stuff I buy is of tested good quality, I don't give a flying fuck where it's made. (exceptions only to countries applying child labour, like Indonesia)

Comment

according to an article in the March '04 Guitar Player, they have moved most of their production to China, to their own plant where ONLY Celestion speakers will be made. The Blue Alnicos will still be built at company HQ in England, and they still have facilities to build smaller runs of Vintage 30s & greenbacks.

I know all this, because I was reading about it on the crapper, just before I noticed this post. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

will it reduce the retail costs for speakers or just give more cash to the company ?

can't anybody make a quality product in China?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sure they can, it's definitively possible ,but i've seen so much products MIC that we're crap [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
                Even korea is making imho better products quality-wise.
                not to mention Japan.

from what i know most computer parts are made in china/phillipines/taiwan and they are ok.

Comment

With people flocking to different products due to price alone, most manufacturers have no choice but to find the cheapest place to have some if not all of their products manufactured.

Matt

Comment

Well, since their manufacturing costs will be down to about 1/10th of what they were, I expect to see a huge decrease in price of all Celestion products. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Yeah, and pigs will fly outta my butt.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I'm with you, Zeegler. My bet is that the price stays the same, or goes up, and the quality goes down.

Not that China can't make quality stuff, but it does seem to take a while to get the kinks out for companies that move there...

Oh, and Matt, I would also insert "with shareholders seeking increasing profits every quarter" in addition to consumers buying on price alone.

Mike
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

My bet is that the price stays the same, or goes up, and the quality goes down.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so it's time to say hello to eminence ? ;]

Comment

You know what, even if the quality remains exactly the same, I would not buy a Chinese made speaker for the same price as an English made speaker on principal alone. It's not that I think the Chinese workers don't deserve the same wages as western workers, because, as we all know, they're not the ones who get the money. In fact, that Chinese made speaker would have to be damn cheap, in order for me to overcome my resentment of companies sending jobs overseas. It happens all the time, and it's not going to stop any time soon. We westerners are spoiled. We've gotten used to a certain lifestyle that the Chinese, Indians, Malaysians, etc have never experienced. To them, I'm sure just having a job in a proper factory where they don't get beaten on a regular basis, is probably a luxury. The local GM plant here in St Catharines is on strike frequently for more money. The high school grad workers already have cushy jobs, and get paid way more than most college grads I know. And people wonder why manufacturing jobs are being sent overseas.

Like I said, I'll buy Chinese stuff, but it had better be good quality, and really fucking cheap.

Comment

I wish MCD's moved their [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] 'production' to China. We could eat SO much for SO little. They could even start making fries out of rice [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Celestions cheaper? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by zeegler:
                              You know what, even if the quality remains exactly the same, I would not buy a Chinese made speaker for the same price as an English made speaker on principal alone. It's not that I think the Chinese workers don't deserve the same wages as western workers, because, as we all know, they're not the ones who get the money.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, they're not. But if you have an IRA, 401(k) or other stock investments, you do get the money from your investments. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Working...
                              X