Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: celestion moved production to china

Originally posted by edgar allan poe:
    "at least im being honest. i bet a bunch of other people feel the same way, they are just too pussified to speak up"

Dude..what color is sky in your world? If you think that there are "a bunch of people" who feel this way, you are dead wrong...or you live with skinheads...either way, you are an ass. An honest ass, but an ass nonetheless.

Ahh screw it...I will not beat my head off of this brick wall. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hah. right dude. you go ahead and purchase these cheap fucking speakers. I will be using something of better quality

Comment

Between our Chinese apologist and our anti-Chinese zealot, are the rest of us who just want quality merchandise. Let your dollars do the talking and cut the crap.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I happen to use Weber and Emi speakers. IMHO Celestion hasn't made good speakers for a fair price in some time. Alot of the companies who use their speakers have modified them..THD Longhorns are *modded* Lead 80s. Also..Mesa speakers will continue to be made in England as will the Blue Dog(with a $300+ pricetag WTF??).

Weber has been kicking Celestions ass for some time now, and the new Emis comming out will really give Celestion problems. Celestion will continue to be the EOM speaker of choice because it is a name people recognize...but alot of the product was sub-par even before the move to China. Celestion is in deep trouble folks.

I am not a Chinese apologist...far from it...I just don't see what race has anything to do with this.

Comment

I think Celestion made a bad move doing this and Eminence is going to capture the market that celestion once had with their Red Coat/Blue Coat series speaker's which have been geting rave review's by celestion user's and amp manufacturer's. I see alot of the big names changing to them in time.

Derek

Comment

Yo! Poe> I wasn't thinking of you. I was thinking of the chap that said communism was good for China and he supports the army.

Comment

Thats cool bro...I don't ever take this suff personally anyway. The racism stuff is a bit different though. My wife is half black and half chinese...so when I hear the asian/black slurs I get a bit upset. That BS has no business on this board.

I, myself, am Scotts-Irish...which means that I don't know whether to drink or play golf...so I usually do both. LOL!!!

Comment

Yea..all of you are right
                i bet all of you know so much about china, and i'm pretty sure everyone who talks about china in here have been to China themselves and met alot of Chinese. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                someone said "who cares about communism anyways?"
                I DO. I DO. I DO. i'm turning 16 but i care about whats going on in the world. if you dont, thats your problem. not going to post anything in this thread anymore, its pointless anyways.

Comment

you think communism has brought your country this far? You're actually proud of your government? You don't seem to know anything for a 16 year old, you've been brainwashed by your government, its not too late to widen your view and look around. You guys can keep your made in china pieces of shit in china, don't bother exporting it to other countries.

Comment

Yo! Poe: You are right. "I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect har-mony." Everyone relax and have a Coke on me.

Comment

ROTFLMAO!! Good one bro...thats funny as shit.

Comment

I think it is bad that the jobs are going away from the uk, especially with the heritige of the companys name.

as i'm from the UK i can tell you now that the people definately didnt want to go to war against iraq, it was something that needed to be done.

nd communism doesent work it's a good theory but didnt work for the USSR and wont last much longer for the remaining communist countries.

Comment

Yikes!!! I've already had my say on the geo-political and geo-economics of this post. Enough is enough!!! The only point of the original post was that another company was moving their manufacturing to China. The techs and experts that design speakers, or whatever, will probably remain the same. It's all about cheap labor. This is a quality and cost issue. When all is said and done, if the quality is not there if you buy it, return it, and don't buy again. What the hell does Iraq have to do with it. "Well I'm going off on another tangent." "God, I hope you don't fall off."

Comment

You might strongly disagree, but I think the Chinese can be brilliant labourers if given right conditions. It's in their genes: just look how many things they've invented and made well.
                            Now the problem with the 'Chinese products =POS' is that it is the manufacturer who does not control the quality, but needs qualtity. The brits are honest folks (so far) so I would expect them to do a good job in the quality-control.
                            Secondly, the POS issue is about the attitude towards work. Now the attitude has to do with ideology. The latter - with communism.
                            If you're in a communist country, then no matter how good you make things, you still will be getting hte same salary, no matter if you care preserving your job or not.
                            But don't think that this rule is universal. Look how many wuality things the Soviets did (in military anyways)
                            So bottom line: the speakers might be of lower quality, but I would expect them to be cheaper, thus more cost effective. Also, China is only ideologically comunist. In reality - it is freakin capitalist. The only thing that needs change is the attitude towards labour. Also, don't forget that Celestion is not a government company, so the workers will have a more or less capitalist attitude. They won't be working 18 hours a day and starving. That is bullshit that someone said.
                            P.S. I personally don't like communists, but they are freakin' funny
                            P.P.S. After all, the Chinese spaceship GOT to space [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Not sure what to make of it all... Multiple thoughts here BTW....

I don't like to see American jobs go anywhere. BUT, it does seem the American workers (and unions) are often pricing themselves out of employment with pay and benefit demands that make maufacturing things highly expensive for a company.

Ever wonder why we pay close 50k for a loaded pickup truck? American unions, that's why. Americans and their great paying jobs are killing American manufacturing.

You can hardly blame a company that eventually says FU, and moves production to a more economically friendly climate in order to keep its door open. It's not "totally" corporate greed. Although obviously that is a major additional reason for most of these types of actions.

I also hate to buy products made by what amounts to slave labor and support a government that I dislike. Aside from the obvious reasons, bear in mind that one day, we will assuredly be at war with this country. And we will be VERY sorry that we have shut down so much of out manufacturing and sent it there.

But, the free market lives and drives the world market and this exodus to the cheap labor countries will always happen.

As for Chinese workers quality of craftsmenship. They can make great stuff and bad stuff. Keep in mind that some of the worlds oldest manmade structures are standing in China. Interesting that Chinese bridges are many centuries old and American bridges are falling apart in 20-50 years... So, I guess they have "some" potential ehh?

I have a friend that works as an engineer for a VERY MAJOR U.S. corporation that makes home stereo speakers and high tech, high end radios etc... He goes to China very often to assist in setting up factories to build their products and getting theteams there up to speed with our requirements etc....

They decided to send lots of their manufacturing to China for many reasons. Aside from a more friendly economic climate and cheap labor, they were finding products coming from China that were exact reverse engineered copies of their products almost indistinguishable from the real thing. Right down to a highly revered and heavily R&D'd speaker magnets composition of materials.

Something they had spent years and millions to R&D had been reverse engineered for much less than a million dollars and was outselling their stuff in some world marketplaces. Can't beat em, join them I guess.

What I found funny is that he said that at one time, he very much feared the Chinese as a world power and of their technology and was worried about how a war with them would be. Now, after meeting and working closely with them, and seing their technology, their work methods and social interaction. He says he doesn't worry a bit about it. He now feels American technology is heads above, and American thinking is much more focused and reliable. He said the companies they work with and comparable to a circus of confusion. Everyone is worried about looking busy (for fear of being replaced) and get actually very little done. He thought American business was screwed up and the American people were useless sometiumes, but, after seeing the Chinese, he feels they are too confused to be effective.

They do have some very high technology there, but it is not the norm like it is here. Most of their military is operating with old technology that is outdated. This includes much of the nuclear technology and launching controls. I know after speaking with him, I feel better and worry less about the ongoing Chinese US military problems.

On the other hand, there are so many of them, they could probably beat us with butter knives as we would be overwhelmed by sheer numbers...

Anyways, bottom line for companies leaving us, is the greed of the American worker and the greed of the corporate management. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Sucks ass....

Comment

Well, I don't think that we should stop buying chinese products just because China will attack the rest of the world. She will, but then, It's not going to matter. The Chinese nukes should be good enough to make Detroit or something an island, no matter if the corporations fail. As for the slave labour.
                                I'm telling ya. They are not slaves, nor do they work for the government when making Sony DVD players! They get paid by the joint Chinese-American companies and have nothing to do with the government. Yes, they get a little, but for them it's better than working for the government. Plus, they don't think like you guys. For you (well, us) it's good to have a house, a car and enough money for our future kids to go to the universities and stuff. For them, it's good to buy a motorbike, being able to have max. 2 kids and have enough money for a bowl of rice and condoms.
                                Also, a company must grow, so expansion in Asia is best. I'll buy it as long as it is as good.
                                And stop this thing about the Monolithic Communism. China is capitalist! But with communist ideology. And really, I strongly believe that a Chinese worker can make things as good as a white worker if both have same attitude towards labour. Saying that the Chinese cannot naturally do something is almost chauvinism.

Comment

Working...
                                X