Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeeling amps

Hey there again,
    I've forgotten about replacing my tubes!! Well untill my amps went nuts. I want to replace the tubes regardless but I have a question first. I have two JCM 2000 DSL Marshalls. They have sounded fine untill just the other day. I went to a studio to do some recording and yikes. Both amps are sounding terrible. They feedback at very low volume and are squeeling like crazy,the seem to have a very high pitched squeel and a bad humm too. This happened very quickly and to two amps. Is there any corillation in your opinion to anything tube related? I''ve replaced all cords swaped veverything I can think of and they still sound like death!!
    Your help is very welcomed.

Re: squeeling amps

yes, but electrical wiring in the studio could possibly play a factor in what you're hearing.

but it could also be the wiring in your guitar. or the way your pickups are reacting to the light sources in the room. (like florescent lights and computer monitors.)

i would take the same setup to a different location and try it out with the same guitar and then other guitars. and see if you can recreate the same effect.

also, make sure your using good, and the proper, cables for both speaker and guitar.

~JW
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Well I took the stuff back home [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It has the same noise at home?? I turned off all electrical devices including the lights monitor etc but it screaches like a banchy. It may be my BOSS GT3?? I pluged into my solid state amp and it seems to not sound right there too???? Hmmm. Anyone have a problem with at GT3?? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by donovan:
        swaped
        banchy
        pluged
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If your amp sims are on and you're running the GT-3 into the front end of the amps, that may do it. Maybe you globally enabled your sims by mistake.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Did you try it without the GT3 in the chain? [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, first thing I tried. By the way if you're just going to be a jerk and point out what a poor typist I am then how about don't bother please [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

If both Marshalls and the solid state amp all made the same sound, and eliminating the GT3 didn't stop it, then I'd say something's wrong with your guitar's wiring or the pots or pickups.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think it may be in the overdrive section of the GT3. It's not the guitar as it has done it with four of my guitars now. The old solid state amp SEEMS to do it also but it really just doesn't sound too great anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] As soon as I plug into the input jack of the Boss it whails! I'm thinking it's a grounding problem or a bad chip or something in there. I'm going to have to take some test equipment to it!

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, first thing I tried. By the way if you're just going to be a jerk and point out what a poor typist I am then how about don't bother please [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This post led me to believe that when you plugged it in without the GT3 that you still had the problem. If you suspect the OD section of the GT3, then again I suggest you check to make sure your amp simulation isn't on. In effect that would be double-preamping your signal, since the amp sim is designed for going straight into a power amp or a PA mixer.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

not sure if i got ya,did you try pluging up a guitar by itself? and it is still nasty?
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RacerX:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, first thing I tried. By the way if you're just going to be a jerk and point out what a poor typist I am then how about don't bother please [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, you didn't say that. If you want help, you should be clear. And you're not just a bad typist, you can't spell too good either.
                        [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                          And you're not just a bad typist, you can't spell too good either.
                          [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You forgot squealing. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

you can't spell too good either.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">"you don't spell very well either"

Racer X, The Spelling Nazi... Obviously, not the Grammar Nazi...

Then again, you probably can never spell "too well"... As in "he spelled too well for his own good".

Comment

I was testing you, John! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X