Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall AVT 275 problem!

Hi guys

Yesterday I was playing guitar in the afternoon, then I went to play again in the evening and my Marshall AVT 275 didnt work!

The amp turns on fine the red light comes on as normal. but no sound comes out, when I turn the volume knob up high, no sound even from hissing or anything, Ive made sure every knob was correct to see if it was something silly like that. the speakers just appear to be dead. I dnt know how this happend in the few hours. It wasnt moved or anything (even though that shouldnt break it [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ). Just sat on my bedroom floor.

I bought the amp in October 2002, so its not that old.
    I dnt really have any idea whats happened, unless the preamp valve has gone, or something else has broken,

Having got a new guitar, a Jackson SL2H!! 3 weeks ago, this is probaberly the most annoying thing that could happen.

Any thoughts from you guys would be recieved greatly as this has never happened to me before and i dont know really what to do.

Thanks guys.

Re: Marshall AVT 275 problem!

Did you check all the fuses? It should have at least one.

Comment

Re: Marshall AVT 275 problem!

You have just experienced your first case of Solid State / Hybrid Amp death. Fun ain't it!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

All kidding aside, check the fuse, check your input jack (is it loose?), check the speaker connections, does anything smell burnt?

Maybe try hitting it a couple of times...(don't kick though the speaker grille, at your own risk LOL). Anything? Any popping?

More info needed, but I would take it to a tech for sure.

BTW if you had a Peavey 5150 this wouldn't have happened [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X