Marshall JCM800's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JCM800's

Right need some help as I haven't got an idea about these heads.

I can afford one of these heads and there is two I can choose from (both priced the same).

The only information I can get on them is this (quotes from the shops site)

"Marshall JCM800 100 watt lead head"

"Marshall JCM800 MkII 50w master lead head, just serviced, The most sought after head Jim ever made."

So, can anyone tell me what kind of things I should be expecting from these amps (eg FX loop, swtichable channels etc) and if they are worth the money (about £400 each).

Andy!

Re: Marshall JCM800\'s

There were several 'JCM800' heads. you need the model number (2203, 2204, 2205, 2210, etc.) before anyone can tell you much.

Pete

Originally posted by mupps:
    Right need some help as I haven't got an idea about these heads.

I can afford one of these heads and there is two I can choose from (both priced the same).

The only information I can get on them is this (quotes from the shops site)

"Marshall JCM800 100 watt lead head"

"Marshall JCM800 MkII 50w master lead head, just serviced, The most sought after head Jim ever made."

So, can anyone tell me what kind of things I should be expecting from these amps (eg FX loop, swtichable channels etc) and if they are worth the money (about £400 each).

Andy!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Andy,
      They both sound like the same amps, except one is a #2203 100W and the other is a #2204 50W.

No FX loop, no switchable channels (Who needs 3 channels when they all sound bad???).

Great amps! Tone to the bone but they are very loud.

*sobs* I sold my old 2204 [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

You'd have to speak in USD for me to do the price / value thing hehe

Comment

2204 - 50 w , single channel only , 2203 -100 w, single channel AFAIR

2205 was 2 channel version of the 2204 right [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

2204 is daaamn loud btw ;]

Comment

correct.. 2205 is the split channel version of the 2204, *plus reverb*. Made '83-'90. 2210 was the 100 watt version of 2205.

Comment

What's a 4210 then?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

50w 1x12 combo of the 2205.

Comment

Ah 4210 is a 2 channel 50W combo w/reverb.
                BTW: Picked up a beat to hell 4010 JCM800 Monday (single Channel no reverb no effects loop 50W 1 X12 Combo). Sounds classic! A little brighter -trebly- than I expected, came w/sovtek EL34s and a 16 ohm Celestion G12M70.
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                  50w 1x12 combo of the 2205.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  Originally posted by 442w30:
                  Ah 4210 is a 2 channel 50W combo w/reverb.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what I got....killer little amp. Mine's modded too.

Comment

C'mon and post the barre chord pose pic! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You know you want to!

Comment

Aw, shit....if you insist! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I smell a JCF "Hall Of Fame" pic [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

What riffs were you playing before you hit, "the pose"?

Comment

Hell, I dunno! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] That was 14 years ago! (Notice the cable isn't even plugged into the amp! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) Whoops. That amp has been serving me faithfully since 1985. I paid $495!

Comment

LOL Ron, I didn't even notice that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What is it plugged into??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Your big mouth? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

J/K dude!

Comment

Working...
                              X