• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall JCM800\'s

[img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

BTW, know what guitar that is?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

650xl...man.. I have some tall skinny mullet pics of me too.

Comment

Forgive me if this has come up before, but RacerX, are you 7 feet tall or is that a Squier Bullet painted up like a Charvel! I did the math, and that 12" speaker in the marshall would need to be stacked up 7 times to come up to your forehed. I thought that was a practice amp it looked so small in comparison. That's your 4210 right?
            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

He has a large head...as pointed out before by me.

Anyway, I found that they are both single channel heads but they didn't tell me if they had effects loops or not....anyone care to expand?

Andy!

Comment

probably no efx loop. my single channel 800 is very simple, 6 knobs, on-off switch, stand by switch, to input jacks. the trade off: great, pure, tube tone (when cranked).
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by charvelguy:
                  650xl...man..
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe the axe in question is a Model 475 [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

You're right.. it's 22 frets.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30:
                      Forgive me if this has come up before, but RacerX, are you 7 feet tall or is that a Squier Bullet painted up like a Charvel! I did the math, and that 12" speaker in the marshall would need to be stacked up 7 times to come up to your forehed. I thought that was a practice amp it looked so small in comparison. That's your 4210 right?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heh heh, I was 6'5" there. Thank you. That is my beloved 4210.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Got a modded 2204 JCM800 from 1987 that was modded by Trace at Voodoo Amps. Gonna have to send him a TSL soon for some work. I love the 800!

Comment

No fx loops...they're often times a mod if they have one.

Comment

Play them, some Mark II's sound good some don't. Some have el34's, some have 6550's.Get the serial numbers and it will tell you what year. Also do they have the drake transformers? When was the last time they were re-tubed? No fx loop for sure. I have a 50 but I feel the 100 watters have better bass. Not that much difference volume wise between a 100 and a 50.

A friend told me you want the ones with the blue caps. Don't know if its true or not. All I have had have blue caps and drake transformers.

I think the 2 channels have a better sound for lead but are thinner sounding when it comes to rhythm.

[ April 26, 2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: LRGman ]

Comment

LRGman,
                              excellent points
                              it took me 14 heads to find the 2 50 watters that i loved
                              if you have the money you can get a bradshaw switching system or even a dmc loop switcher and headtrip switcher which is cheaper than bradshaw and you can get them in two weeks
                              but you must go and try them out
                              don't be afraid of turning them up!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Get the 50 Watt. They will drive a pair of 4x12's with no problem and PLENTY or power left over. The 100 Watt ones just have WAY too much power and you will never even get close to using all of it.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X