X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marshall JCM800\'s

mupps
    me i prefer the 50 watters they are loud as hell
    most clubs i play will not let me get past 2 [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] later on when everybody is drunk i can get it to 4 and its plenty loud for me [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    but thats just me and my 2 cents [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    love those marshalls!!!!

Comment

If you get the 100 Watt JCM 800, can't you just yank two of the power tubes (EL34)? I've only had a 50 watt JCM 800, a lead 12 (SS), AVT20, Valvestate 65 Watt, and a Mosfet 100 (SS), so I haven't tried this, but my bro' claims his 800 worked fine that way.
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I have heard you can do this and pull either the inside to or outside two tubes, however you have to double your cab impedance.

Usually as a rule I like to play my 100 watters as a 100 watter, I assume doing that for an extended period of time would hurt the transformers??? Either way it isn't going to make it any quieter [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have no idea why people say don't get the 100 watter. I bought a 100 watt, dual channel, FX loop with reverb (I can't remember the model offhand) JCM800 off of Twister (Pete), and it smokes, hell it's the loudest I've ever heard, however it sounds awesome.

With a JCM800 you can't go wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X