X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5150 Lovers Thread

Thumbs up dude!

Re: 5150 Lovers Thread

Shouldn't there be a cabinet there...rather than a hand? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This guy was pointing put a ding, but I guess he'd rather give the old thumbs up! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ah....what a dingbat! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          Ah....what a dingbat! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly, but then I figured I love these things too so I'd share [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

5150's rock hard!
            Jerry
            FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

I don't own a 5150 but I use the 5150 model on my Vetta II alot !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hammer:
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahha
                young lad. some day you will learn that the 5150 cannot be emulated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I love my 5150 combo too...I just wish it had more gain. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

5150000000000000000000000000000 yayyy

Comment

i love my 5150combo [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by hammer:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahha
                        young lad. some day you will learn that the 5150 cannot be emulated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can say that again bro!

THERE WILL NEVER BE A HEADPHONE PORT ON A 5150!!!

Please post that Vetter-ator stuff on the Line6 thread [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

What did you say? (I'm deaf [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Comment

Opinions from those who own them...

Head/cab or combo?

Block or signature?

5150 I or 5150 II?

Comment

Originally posted by EVHwannabe:

Head/cab or combo?

Block or signature?

5150 I or 5150 II?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Head sounds better than the combo to me. I have a page on my site that describes all the differences between the two. There's also a page that describes the differences between the 5150 and the 5150II.

The block and signature are exactly the same amps. The block logo amps were shipped with better tubes. By now those tubes are long gone and have been replaced. The circuits are identical.

The 5150 has more gain and most prefer the lead channel of the original. The 5150II has a better clean, less gain, and has a brighter tone.
                            Jerry
                            FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by JerryP:
                              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by EVHwannabe:

Head/cab or combo?

Block or signature?

5150 I or 5150 II?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Head sounds better than the combo to me. I have a page on my site that describes all the differences between the two. There's also a page that describes the differences between the 5150 and the 5150II.

The block and signature are exactly the same amps. The block logo amps were shipped with better tubes. By now those tubes are long gone and have been replaced. The circuits are identical.

The 5150 has more gain and most prefer the lead channel of the original. The 5150II has a better clean, less gain, and has a brighter tone.
                              Jerry
                              </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great post Jerry! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I definitely prefer the head! I have one on a 212MS Peavey cab that is as close as I will get to a 5150 combo.

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X