• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 5150 Lovers Thread

First,
    quote:
    hahha
    young lad. some day you will learn that the 5150 cannot be emulated
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not a young lad, I'm older and wiser, that is why I play a Vetta !!

Next,
    THERE WILL NEVER BE A HEADPHONE PORT ON A 5150!!!

Please post that Vetter-ator stuff on the Line6 thread
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">KidP -- there is no headphone port on Vetta head, and blow me on the Vetter-ntor comment. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ April 28, 2004, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Rayneman ]

Comment

I love ZeNo's 5150 combo [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
        but seriously i hope to buy a 5150 soon..

Comment

i would go for a vetta head over a 5150 any day.
          the crunch channel is very buzzy and the clean channel is terrible on the 5150.
          peavey should make an amp with the clean channel of the classic 30 and the distortion channel of the xxx.

Comment

Originally posted by data187:
            peavey should make an amp with the clean channel of the classic 30 and the distortion channel of the xxx.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think two of the three channels on Satch's head are exactly that.

Comment

you wont catch me using an amp in a live situation where you can DOWNLOAD different sounds from the internet

might as well be playing through a computer

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is bassically, exactly what the JSX (Satriani) head is based on.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

i heard about the jsx but haven't read any reviews on it yet.
                  i saw one in guitar player magazine, but you know how those reviews are [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                  i wish they would just come out and say "this certain product sucks"... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyways, regarding this comment:

you wont catch me using an amp in a live situation where you can DOWNLOAD different sounds from the internet might as well be playing through a computer
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">who cares what you are plugged into as long as it sounds good. i see alot of players plug their guitars into a pod or gt6 and direct into a board and sound great.

Comment

Here's mine. I had it posted for sale a while ago, but I'm half glad it didn't go. I could use the money, but it is such an awesome amp. I would probably be sad to see it go.

Comment

you wont catch me using an amp in a live situation where you can DOWNLOAD different sounds from the internet

might as well be playing through a computer
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heaven forbid that you can change the sound of your amp !!! Good thing those tubes are welded in so they can be changed, the knobs are glued in place and chassis is locked shut so no mods can be done to it, oh yea, throw away the channel switch too.

I would much rather carry around a 5150 for dirty, Fender for clean, and a nice old boogie for crunch. What dumb ass would buy a Vetta and have those sounds at his fingertips. I'm sure the drunks at bars I play would be up in arms if I showed up with a fancy computer amp.

Comment

I gave the 5150 a chance, I really did...the old head, new head and the combo....but I couldn't like it no matter what. I can't wait to get a Vetta.

Comment

best bang 4 buck = 5150.

it rules. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i gotta agree with the drip, dollar for dollar, the 5150 is pretty damn good. you can get a myriad of crunchy sounds on it, but the cleans kindof suck.

Comment

You want crunch???

Bias mod the f!cker and put her up to 38-40mA!

Crunches like a Bowl of the Capn'!!!

Comment

Double post, whoops!

Admins pls delete TYVM!

[ May 02, 2004, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: KidPredator ]

Comment

Working...
                                X