MXR Kerry King EQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Kerry King EQ?

Has anyone tried one of these out? I have a half-rackspace parametric EQ, but I'd like to get a pedal that can handle two amps at once. I mainly curious about how this pedal (or the other MXR 10-band EQ) performs when bypassed. The last EQ pedal I had was an old DOD that was a major TSD (Tone Sucking Device) both on and off. I'm not very familiar with MXR products for the most part, and nobody near here carries them.
    sigpic

Re: MXR Kerry King EQ?

Historically, MXR stuff hasn't been the best. usually noisy etc...

I've also wondered about that EQ a bit... A few other notables have used them I believe... I seem to be thinking of Snake Zsabo and maybe Dimebag at one time... maybe I'm mistaken though...

Comment

It could be good. I was thinking about it, too. However, without trying it out it's hard to 'judge the book by its cover' so to speak. Maybe someone on the forum has tried one. Anyone?

Comment

Their new stuff's supposed to be killer...I'm interested in the Smart Gate and the new Chorus pedal reissue that they recently put out.

Comment

The KFF EQ is the same thing as the 10 band M108 except it has one more output. It's very heavy duty and has true bypass switching. A guy at the MXR/Dunlop booth at NAMM confirmed it's the same as the m108. I have the M108 and used it in my Recto's effect loop. It's very quiet and awesome and super flexible. It's built like a tank. There's nothing cheap about it. The new Chorus looks cool too!

Comment

I have an M-108 and I have been very happy with it in the effects loop of my Mesa Single Recto.

Comment

another fan of the M-108 here; great pedal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you want EQ, check out Maxon GE 601. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I wonder where he got the idea for those red glowing lights???

*cough* RGE-10 *cough*

C'mon now Kerry...

Comment

Working...
                  X