Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Framus Cobra sound clips

http://www.robhough.com/venomboy/

Last week I put my video camera on the couch (I don't own a tripod) and played a bunch of stuff thru my Framus Cobra. Some of you have been asking how this amp sounds and I hope these clips give you an indication of the sound. In person, there's a difference but these at least give you the *flavor* of the amp.

I'm playing a Jackson Stealth HX with 3 EMG hums --81/85/58. What the clips don't pick up is the fat, fat, fat bottom end of the amp. In some of the clips the audio seems clipped; that's because the camera can't handle the low end very well.

A lot of the playing isn't perfect and I didn't warm up before I played these. I played a lot of Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, and King Diamond for these. The lead stuff is off the top of my head. Don't judge my playing too harshly [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Some of the clips have the notch switch engaged, which scoops the mids. With the notch off, the sound is fatter and has more mids. Hopefully the clip names are descriptive. Most of it was played using the Crunch channel but some was played on the Lead channel.

A friend from the Moser forum is hosting these for me. If they're slow to download, please be patient.

Re: My Framus Cobra sound clips

Aaaaggghhh!!! MOV files... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Bleh... I wanna hear it!!! Got me all excited...

Comment

cool... what did it set you back?.... if you don't mind me askin' that is....

Comment

Sorry Cleve...I tried to extract the audio from the .mov's but the files got HUGE. Don't know why. I'm just using iMovie on the Mac to digitize this stuff. I tried clips at 22khz and they were a couple of megs. Ugh. Just download Quicktime...c'mon man!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Firebird, you have a PM. Anyone else curious about the price, there's only 6 US dealers and their prices are all very close to each other.

Comment

Just looking at your home decore, I can see it is too rich for my blood. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Like the tone though.

Comment

Venomboy!

Those are good clips and you are certainly a good player!
              better than me! Now I have to add a framus cobra to the herbert!

I WANT ONE! I love that evil red glow! so cool!

Chris

Comment

Thanks Spiral! The Herbert is pretty bad ass. The Cobra's glow is oh so METAAAAAAAL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Venomboy:
                  http://www.robhough.com/venomboy/

Last week I put my video camera on the couch (I don't own a tripod) and played a bunch of stuff thru my Framus Cobra. Some of you have been asking how this amp sounds and I hope these clips give you an indication of the sound. In person, there's a difference but these at least give you the *flavor* of the amp.

I'm playing a Jackson Stealth HX with 3 EMG hums --81/85/58. What the clips don't pick up is the fat, fat, fat bottom end of the amp. In some of the clips the audio seems clipped; that's because the camera can't handle the low end very well.

A lot of the playing isn't perfect and I didn't warm up before I played these. I played a lot of Metallica, Maiden, Megadeth, and King Diamond for these. The lead stuff is off the top of my head. Don't judge my playing too harshly [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Some of the clips have the notch switch engaged, which scoops the mids. With the notch off, the sound is fatter and has more mids. Hopefully the clip names are descriptive. Most of it was played using the Crunch channel but some was played on the Lead channel.

A friend from the Moser forum is hosting these for me. If they're slow to download, please be patient.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, do you have any pics of your Stealth? I would really love to see her.

Comment

Here you go:

The Stealth is a really dark metallic blue. Almost black but not quite.

Comment

great clean tone and playing on the diary of a madman clip [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow...Venomboy it sounds great! My Framus just shipped out yesterday so your timing is perfect.

BTW, anyone looking for a framus, try calling http://www.westlamusic.com/ and ask for Avery. Tell him I sent you (rich from NY who just ordered the Framus)

he gave me a killer price.

Rich

Comment

BTW, "welcome home" was a nice touch. I play that riff to showcase stuff sometimes as well!!

Comment

Fuck, are this red glow in the head tubes??

Comment

Hey Devil, did you get the head and matching cab?

The glow is actually from a fiber optic cable in the head.

Glad you recognized Welcome Home. Grandmaaaaaaaaa!

Comment

Working...
                              X