Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing Velcro residue from pedals

Hi, this might be a dumb question, but:
    Does anybody know a good cleaner that will take gooey Velcro residue off the rubber on pedal bottoms? I used to use Tascam Rubber Cleaner but they don't make it anymore, and stuff like Goo Gone says "don't use on rubber." Once my heavier pedals get a coat of goo on there, new Velcro won't stick, and they bounce around in my pedalboard. Thanks for any tips!

Re: removing Velcro residue from pedals

Have you tried wd40? It is a degreaser. Although it may be a little harder to get the new glue to stick to it with that oil all over it. so forget I mentioned it. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    Gil

Comment

Go get you some Goof Off..... It works wonders.

Comment

Both of the above are quite good...

Comment

I used to work in a library, and we had this stuff called Thorough, (Thoro?) and it worked wonders. We used it to move the crap left on the books after old stickers and labels were removed. You will also be able to put on new velcro for sure; after we used it we had no problem getting the new labels to stay on.

Comment

One thing you might consider doing in the future before applying velcro to the underside of pedals -

Cut a sheet of thin (.005 or .007) clear plastic mylar, at about 3/4 the size of the velcro strip(s) to be applied. Scotch tape that to the pedal, then apply the velcro to that.

I do this with all my pedals. When & if you do remove the velcro, there will be much less to clean up. In addition, any serial number or graphics on the base plate will be protected, keeping the pedal closer to *mint*, should you decide to sell it.

Comment

Thanks guys- lots of good suggestions, and I will try them!

Chris [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X