Jackson Half stack WTF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Half stack WTF???

I was in a local axe shop and ran into this kickaxe looking Jackson half stack.

It looks mean as hell in it's metal frame but i didn't get a chace to play through it.

I think i was a 100W head and a matching 4X12-metal grilled cab..

What is fair market on these and what is the sound of these things compaable to?

Thanks!~

Re: Jackson Half stack WTF???

damn i remember those [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] i'd like to have one or two or six
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Probably a Reference cab and head. 250-300 for the head, 200-250.00 for the cab depending on condition. So essentially, 500.00. The chrome pits and rusts, so it depends.

The Reference series are reputed to be the better sounding for the stock Jackson tube amps, but I've only played thru the cabs which are a bit deeper than a 4x12 standard cab. Mine has celestion 70's and is a good sounding cab.

Comment

I believe Charvel750 has a full stack (or he did). He might fill you in on how they sound. I vaguely remember him being pretty pleased with it.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

This set is dead mint. No pits, no rust.
          It's built like a tank.
          I'm gonna give her a test run tomorrow to see if i like the sound or not.
          Does anyone know the tube config on these?
          How about stock speakers?

Thanks guys...

Comment

Does any1 have any pics of the Jackson Reference or JG2 JG3 series heads & cabs?

I have wanted one of these for a while but have yet to see a pic, or one for sale in my neck of the woods.

Comment

I have a JG3 head and a Reference cab. The head is slated to get modded one of these days. I haven't taken pics yet.. but should soon.

As far as tube config, I believe it was 2 el34's output and four 12AX7's for a 50 watt reference head and four El34's with same number preamp for 100watt.

The speakers should be celestion 35watt? or 70 watt.. I do not recall.

If it's mint and negotiable, quite tempting. They were cool looking as new.

Comment

I had a 50 watt Reference half stack back about 10 years ago - I loved it in retrospect. Wish I still had her... I was looking for a different sound at that time though, and well, you know the rest of the story...

Comment

Yeah, these amps are quite nice, both in looks and tonality. Mine is a 50 watt EL-34 head with a matching Celestion loaded 4X12 cabinet. Very "metal" if you know what I mean... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] If you can find one, get it. Hard to find the matching set, it took me almost a decade to locate it. Similar in tonality to the JCM 800 Marshalls.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

very clean setup Joe.. looks as new. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you for posting some pics Joe!

I have yet to see one of those in real life, that definitely looks sweet man! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Were these made these for Jackson by another amp builder?

Comment

Thanks, guys! It is an attention getter for sure, but so are the guitars we play, right?! Nothing beats a stage set to rock with a slew of Jackson guitars and a Jackson backline. These amps were built under the design of Steve Maurielo (sp?) who was contracted by Jackson to oversee the production. I prefer to run an effects unit right through the front of this amp for the ultimate in tone.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I remember a local store in '93? had a whole showroom floor of these and a lot of graphic Charvel/Jacksons at in the basement of a local Banks liquidation store.
                          It was a fire sale. Charvel/Jackson bolt on necks in a huge clothing bin for 10.00 a pop! There must have been at least 50 necks in that bin laying all skewed like firewood.

Some amps had water damage and some rust spots, but it was quite the sight. I wish I would have gone back when I had more $.
                          Anyways.. great looking amp.

Comment

Working...
                          X