Solid state players??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Solid state players??

Wouldn't have it any other way for metal..

Crate GX-212
    Roland Micro-cube (Which JUST relaced my Crate 15 watter)for when I'm at work during lunch jams..

Nothing has the edge for metal tone like a SS [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I used to use a Crate GFX1200H head and I loved it. The clean tone rivaled the Roland JC120.
      Then I got my Rockman XP100 and sold my GFX1200.
      I still use it for late night headphone jamming. Sounds awesome even in the headphones. I also have a Crate VFX 2x12. Crate EL34 powered all tube amp with built in DSP and 2x12" speakers.
      Sounds great and very brown sound with my pedals on the clean with a PQ4 and a MT2. I had better tone then the other guitar player I was starting a band with and he had a Marshall DSL100. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      Gil

Comment

I use a Sunn Beta Lead and a Peavey Supreme. The only tube amp I had, I sold. For what I do, I need that really nasty edge solid state distortion is good at.

Comment

I have a Peavey Transfex Pro 212s. I love it because it is true stereo with 2 seperate power amps and built in effects processor.

Comment

Johnson Millenium stereo 150.All the tone,plenty of effects,power out the wazoo!!Just an incredible amp.No signal drop when switching or banking up or down.Soldano,Marshall,Mesa,Fender,Matchless its all there.Love the dual rectifier solo setting.You can mix and match tones and settings all day long. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb:
              I know that most people think tubes rule (if it works for you, that is what matters)... but does anyone here (besides me) play solid state??
              I have a Crate GFX1200H that I run through 2 4x12 cabs. With my RX10D, I have awesome tone, and am very happy with my sound. Any other Crate players here? Just wondering.... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a peavey xxl head through a behringer 4 / 12 cab and hopfully a x vamp pedal as well tomorrow [bastards should have had it here last week]//Steve

Comment

Thanks for the replies and information. I guess there are alot of ss users out there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ...cool.
                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Peavey XXL is an awesome head thru 2 4/12 marshall AVT cabs.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i play either active pups(emg81 in ps6t) through my randall rh100(solid) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    or passive pups(duncan distortion in ke2) through my engl rbs100(all tube) [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                    depends on the needs (rehersal, club, hall, studio...)
                    both on an old marshall jcm800 4x12 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

I use a Randall RG-100ES solid state and a
                      Mesa Boogie 20/20 (tube)with a MP1 or ART 2000 pre
                      ABY switched.Solid state is great for rhythm and 80's crunch but the Mesa has a great fat warm sound and will sing for days,great for soulful leads.
                      The two of them run at the same time sound great [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Oh yeah the SS is GREAT for clean clear tones

Comment

Trey Azagthoth recorded the guitars tracks on Morbid Angel's new CD, Heretic, using both a tube Marshall and a solid state amp. The Marshall ran into a cab which was miced, but the solid state was run direct. The direct SS has a really strong midrange sound, and combined with the marshall it gives a really unique, full sound.

Wish I knew what SS amp he actually used, and how he ran it direct.

Comment

Working...
                        X