Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Screamer **pic**

ENGL amps are really over the top.

Over a month ago I bought an ENGL Screamer, all tubes amp, 50W combo. This amp is fuckin loud, I can use it to play in my bedroom as in my rehearsal room as on live gigs. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

The damn thing feels really solid, has a killer look, metal grid and logo, it is built like a fuckin german tank and weights a ton (doh [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] ). (The mirror plate with black writings under the control knobs is really cool but not really a great idea... if you are in a dark place you can't really see nothing... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] )

The Screamer has tons of gain, with my soloist with Duncan Distortion pu at bridge I never go over a little half the Lead channel level to obtain that classic Metallica/Slayer/Kreator sound. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

This amp has four channel, clean (very very clean), crunch, lead and heavy lead with shared eq controls (not really a problem to me). it has footswitchable reverb and solo volume controls (great feature).

My first choice was the ENGL Fireball(60W), it has a little more brutal and less versatile sound but, long story short, I bought the Screamer cause the combo version is really easier to move from house to rehearsal and back.
    live I plug it in a Marshall 4x12 cab, but I'm planning tu buy a Standard ENGL 4x12cab.

I play from almost 10 years now and this is my first all tubes amp... and it kick ass

Price: 1000 euros (new)

Re: ENGL Screamer **pic**

how many watts is it??? i really want to buy an ENGL Powerball, 1700 euros, head and cabinet in Spain, i think that's a very good price for such a great amp, other options are the Bogner Uberschall and a Mesa Triple Rect( although i have heard the ENGL smokes both amps)

Comment

I can attest that the Powerball slays the Rectifier series. I used to have a 2 channels Dual Rec and my Powerball is so much better than any Mesa I've heard. The Screamer is 50 watts. Its in the second sentence [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

that's one hot amp!!!!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

50 screaming watts! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a cool amp.
            ENGL amps rule.
            I have a Powerball and it breathes fire.

Joe
            Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Wow nice amp dude!!! I was thinking about getting a screamer to but i tought the amp wasn't so good for metal.. But it seems it IS good for metal! I'm gonna try out the screamer this week and maybe i'll even buy one [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Working...
              X