Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good amp and processor combo. suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good amp and processor combo. suggestions?

I need some help here. I want to buy a good high end amp and preamp/processor, but I don't know what I should go with.
    I want a good distortion for thrash metal with alot of gain. I do alot of fast riffing and solos, I was thinking about going with the Mesa triaxis, Marshall el34 combo.
    or maybe a triaxis and dual rectifier?

Help me out guys [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Re: Good amp and processor combo. suggestions?

Thanks for the recommendations guys...ok another question: How does the triaxis and mesa power amp compare to a dual retifier head?

Comment

1000000 times more versatile, unless you're talking Road King.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

if you are going to go with the triaxis (which is a great pre) i reccommend either the 20/20, 50/50, or 90/90 boogie poweramps. the triaxis was made for these poweramps and will sound best with them.

check out tc electronics for your processing needs.

~JW
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

go with what dramland said, and find a TC Electronics 2290 or a Eventide processor.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X