amp mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp mods

I searched the forum but still dont quite understand what amp modding is. What does it do and why mod? Please tell me anything else i should know, im curious [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: amp mods

How much do mods cost and who does them?

Comment

Amp modding means to modify the amp. It could mean making it have more gain, brighter, darker, tighter, better clean, adding an effects loop, changing to a different type power tube, lowering the power, making the circuit more like a vintage amp, or about a zillion other things. It's about making the amp fit your personal needs.
      Jerry
      FJA Mods YouTube

Comment

The most common reason for modding is More Gain.
        But could be anything from effects loop,1/2 power switch or EQ. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Mark Cameron does some wicked mods.
          Do a search for his name and see what people have to say. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

As for the price, it depends on the type of mods being done. The prices can vary drastically depending on: the parts needed, the amount of labor, and the person doing the modding.

Comment

Also trace allen at voodooamps.com does good stuff.

And JerryP, JCF member a few posts above also does nice work, especially to 5150s. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Pete

Comment

Trace does good work indeed. I have my Dual Rec done there. Its in the clips section.

Comment

I second Trace as I always do, I have a JCM800 that blows the doors off of almost anything I have ever heard Marshall wise.

Comment

I have one Marshall modded by Mark Cameron and another on the way. His mods are the best out there. The other great thing is he is a guitar player. Mark will take a lot of time with an amp just to make sure the sound and feel if right for you. Mark Cameron is the way to go!

Comment

Working...
                    X