Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought back my 1969 Plexi Marshall...Pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought back my 1969 Plexi Marshall...Pics...

Man, I'm excited! I sold this amp 3 years ago to a guy, and by chance, I was able to buy it back from him for the same price I sold it for. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I have owned this amp since 1986, and this is not a re-issue...it's the real thing. It's a 1969 50-watt plexi head. Before I sold it, I had loaned it to Eric Johnson's amp tech, (Bill) and he put new tubes in it, and put a grounded cord on it for me. Eric had it for a week and was considering whether or not to buy it. Fortunately, he didn't, and I was able to get it back. Other than that, it's just like it was when I got it in '86. The tolex is non-original...it used to be black. Also, the switches have been replaced, obviously. This amp sounds killer!! I'm so happy to have it back. Oh yeah...I also got back my 1971 4X12 cab with original Celestion greenbacks in it. What do you think?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Dana <~~~

'85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Re: Just bought back my 1969 Plexi Marshall...Pics...

Noice!!!

Clean ones like yours are getting harder and harder to come by. This time, hold on to it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] .

Comment

NOICE twice! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That's an amazing amp my friend. Congrats! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That amp is Amazing. I have only seen a handfull in the past 30 years. All original or Modded? Great condition. Wow!

Ric

Comment

Looks amazing.
            I was thinking to go back to Marshall after all.
            [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

guitarforceone
              [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
              i love marshalls!!!!
              let me know when you are ready to sell it again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              very nice i have let quite a few go that i wish i could have back
              congrats [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I third, fourth or fifth the drooling! Absolutely stunning! You are way too lucky to have let that thing go and have it come back home. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a sweet amp.To buy back a 69 plexi for the same price you sold for it three years ago is somebody being really nice to you. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Back in '86 these things were worth way more than a Roadstar...of which I believe the most valued was the Steve Lukather model. I traded a 70's silver face Twin Reverb (paid 250.00) and a 100.00 for my '74 in '79. I wish I still had both.

Old Marshalls were pretty low demand in those years as there were so many in the market. Most everyone wanted or was using master vol JCM's or 2203's

Comment

Hey Guys!,
                      I was lucky enough to hear that baby demoed over the phone last night, and let me tell you!!
                      It sounded awesome!!! and Dana is one shreddin' mother of a guitar player too!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice score (again)!!! I have a '69 100 watt head that I will never get rid of.

Comment

Thanks very much, everybody! I played it last night. Man, that thing is so freakin' loud, it's unreal! I do realize I am very fortunate to have gotten it back at all, much less for the same price I sold it for, which was really low for a plexi. At the time, I didn't realize how valuable it was.

Anyway, as far as I know, it is not modded other than the things I mentioned. I've never taken out the chassis, but even if I did, I wouldn't know what to look for.

Now, let me put the icing on the cake: When I first got this amp in 1986, I traded the guy even for an Ibanez Roadstar guitar...so that's what, about $300?? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I definitely had to pay more for it this time around. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          Dana <~~~
                          '85 Rhoads Custom
                          '86 SD Str*t
                          '86 Model 4 (5)
                          '87 Model 1
                          '87 Model 6
                          '88 Model 3DR
                          '90 650 XL
                          '94 KE-3
                          '97 DR Amberburst
                          '97 Dinky BOFlames
                          '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Originally posted by MSGfan:
                            Hey Guys!,
                            I was lucky enough to hear that baby demoed over the phone last night, and let me tell you!!
                            It sounded awesome!!! and Dana is one shreddin' mother of a guitar player too!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!! Thanks Mark! You're too kind. I did the best I could considering I was "under the influence." [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                            Dana <~~~
                            '85 Rhoads Custom
                            '86 SD Str*t
                            '86 Model 4 (5)
                            '87 Model 1
                            '87 Model 6
                            '88 Model 3DR
                            '90 650 XL
                            '94 KE-3
                            '97 DR Amberburst
                            '97 Dinky BOFlames
                            '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Because I am member #1959 which in fact was the name of the 100w-Plexi heads I have to congrat you on this a really sweet amp [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ May 10, 2004, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: reprieve ]

Comment

Working...
                              X