Who's playing "dry" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who\'s playing "dry" ???

I've expiremented with effects a couple of times throughout the years (well documented failures exposed right here), but for the vast majority have always played bone dry. I like to mimic the effects with my hands (throw vibrato on a chord to simulate chorus, two handed echo, etc), plus I have never been talented enough to properly program and use effects without getting option anxseity (no clue how to spell that).
    The other thing is, after thousands of gigs, anything more complex than guitar-head-cabinet scares the hell outta me!

Comment

Man I'm playing so dry right now that I'm not even using an amp! Just pure raw guitar-cord tone!

Comment

The drier and cleaner without just sounding like shit, the better!

Comment

I've never used reverb or delay. I just feel like I'm cheating too much. I use an MXR Phase 90 in front sometimes for that old EVH solo sound, but that's it.

Comment

My wife and I just moved and I've been a little too lazy (especially after a recent surgery) to get all of the effects hooked back up. So I've been playing two Rivera amps without effects though sometimes with a touch of reverb. It does indeed make you notice your chops and note choices, particularly if you also pull back a bit on the gain.

As for practice, I spend a lot of time away from home being pilot and I'll often practice in hotel rooms on an unplugged Squier Strat. That will also make you pay attention to your technique, too.
            Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

like'em both
              i have a total dry cab and a wet one
              different songs different presets
              what i'm using now is:
              bank 1
              clean:a touch of chorus and delay
              crunch:nothing
              lead:a touch of delay-376ms
              lead 2:a touch of delay-500ms
              bank 2
              clean:alot of chorus and a touch of delay-500ms
              crunch:alot of chorus and a touch of delay-500ms
              lead 1:a touch of chorus and more delay-500ms
              lead 2:a touch of chorus and more delay-750ms
              i love playing the crunch with no effects because when you do double stops/comping it really stands out
              but for lead i have always liked a little delay to really bring it out
              my 2-cents [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Jackson Soloist=Cable=VHT Pittbull CLX 100=Madison 4x12 Cab= [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                X