V-amp ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-amp ?'s

I should be getting my V-amp anyday now, will I be able to plug a bass into it when running it into my pc? Also, will it work as a mic preamp for pc recording? Thanks in advance guys.
    I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Re: V-amp ?\'s

To plug your bass into the v-amp is technically no problem, I think you should get a good sound. As a mic preamp I don't know if it works, but you can't destroy anything by just trying it!

Comment

The instructions indicate that you can use it as a mic pre. I think you set the cabinet setting to 'off', and there is a model called "tube pre" or something like that, which will do what you want. Not saying how good it will sound...

Comment

both will work just fine.
        I did some bass recordings with my Vamp2, and it sounds pretty good IMO.
        there is one amp model, that actually was designed after a fender bass amp if I remember correctly.

as for the mic pre; yes, it will work with a clean amp and sound quite good too.
        sure, it's not as great as professional equipment, but it works.
        I mainly use my shark for that stuff and abuse the Vamp as an effect unit though...

but kinda cool thingy in general.
        the only thing that sucks is the power connector.
        it's some kind of SVHS plug, and at least I tend to break those damn pins of and need to resolder them.
        happened three times already, I'm kinda sick of that.
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

both will work just fine.
          I did some bass recordings with my Vamp2, and it sounds pretty good IMO.
          there is one amp model, that actually was designed after a fender bass amp if I remember correctly.

as for the mic pre; yes, it will work with a clean amp and sound quite good too.
          sure, it's not as great as professional equipment, but it works.
          I mainly use my shark for that stuff and abuse the Vamp as an effect unit though...

but kinda cool thingy in general.
          the only thing that sucks is the power connector.
          it's some kind of SVHS plug, and at least I tend to break those damn pins of and need to resolder them.
          happened three times already, I'm kinda sick of that.

Comment

wow!! my first double post!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks guys!
              I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

Working...
              X